What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to put webpages from Photoshop to the Internet ?

tai.nguyenthe22911

Dear all,

I am a super newbie in web designing field and I do not know how to post the webpages desgined from Photoshop to the Internet and how the icons in the webpages be interacted when people click them. ?

Thanks for reading and answering my question and Take care,

MrToM

Guru
You have to upload the pages to your web server via FTP.

Icons should be 'anchor points', more commonly refered to as 'links', coded by whatever method you write your web pages. The URL of that 'link' will be another page on your site.

Thats the short answer.
I suspect you'll need a more in-depth answer though?

Regards.
MrTom.

tai.nguyenthe22911

I see, but what is FTP, and it is similar to newsletter as well, because I developed a newsletter file. html and draft it to Google email and send it like you do with file.doc(x)

and as a consequence, I could not see a newsletter like you guys usually see when open your email account, but instead it is just an icon of html file.

Please answer me this question. Thanks and take care,

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
FTP is an acronym for File Transfer Protocol. As the name suggests, FTP is used to transfer files between computers on a network. You can use FTP to exchange files between computer accounts, transfer files between an account and a desktop computer, or access online software archives.

Take a look here.............

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File_Transfer_Protocol

tai.nguyenthe22911

FTP is an acronym for File Transfer Protocol. As the name suggests, FTP is used to transfer files between computers on a network. You can use FTP to exchange files between computer accounts, transfer files between an account and a desktop computer, or access online software archives.

Take a look here.............

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File_Transfer_Protocol

Thanks IamSam.

I appreciate your reply, I still have one more confusion, that is do I need to pay to FTP service in order to upload webpage or newsletter ?

Thanks and take care,

MrToM

Guru
Sorry tai-nguyenthe22911, I totally missed your earlier reply.

As Sam has already pointed out, FTP is a service for uploading and downloading files to and from your web-host so technically yes, you do pay for it but its all inclusive in your web-hosting package.

If you have a web-hosting package then you should already have an FTP account, the address of which will be similar to ftp.<your domain>.com or whatever.

If you don't have a web-hosting package then you will not be able to make your web-pages accessible over the internet.

Regards.
MrTom.

tai.nguyenthe22911

Sorry tai-nguyenthe22911, I totally missed your earlier reply.

As Sam has already pointed out, FTP is a service for uploading and downloading files to and from your web-host so technically yes, you do pay for it but its all inclusive in your web-hosting package.

If you have a web-hosting package then you should already have an FTP account, the address of which will be similar to ftp.<your domain>.com or whatever.

If you don't have a web-hosting package then you will not be able to make your web-pages accessible over the internet.

Regards.
MrTom.

I see, Thanks you guys very much.

By the way, I gonna do an internship about marketing and advertising job on Monday nextweek at a communication and investment company, therefore probably I gonna ask you guys a lots about photoshop, advertising and billboard later.

So please take care of me. Thanks and take care you guys.

rajap

also u need to slice your design and useing the slices u make them into html/css and then sue ftp to upload.Also photoshop is having a built in option to convert to html i think.

Mike321

Its so simple to put Photo shop pages to Internet simply by connecting File Zilla to internet and uploading files.Other than this you can upload it to you sites and social media by url.

sstjohn

If you are extremely new to site building, I would suggest downloading a free website template and swap the stock images for your own (ctrl + shift + alt + s = "Save for Web..." from Photoshop. Makes images much more compressed for faster load times). This is how I learned. I reverse engineered the template and figured out what did what and where. You can use the slice tool in PS and export to HTML, but it can be dicey and in today's mobile world, tables and columns are a thing of the past.