What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Text manipulation question .....

NeonTigerUK

Hiya Guys (and Girls),

1st post here, and i hope you can all help me .....

I think this should somehow be possible, but i honestly can't think how to do it Frown

I use photoshop solely for creating we ready graphics, and export them as PNG, never using the "save for web" option.

Anyway, the problem ....

I'm designing a site for a new client who has asked for us to alter the colour scheme on a bi-monthly basis (nothing unusual, templates can be easily changed too) but in the hero position on his website, he has image based text (special offers and the like) due to the layout of the graphics, multiple modules in the position isn't going to work.

The Question ....

Is it possible to type in what i can only describe as "cut out background to transparent"

Let me try and explain ......

I would like to type the text on the graphic, so that when the site colour changes, the text auto-magically changes, rather than me having to go though a large number of images and manually changing the colour and re-saving them.

Any help would be very graciously accepted, hope i've explained clearly what i need to do, if not, let me know - i will generate sample graphics and add them to this post shortly

NeonTigerUK

image.jpg In this example I've typed the text on an upper layer but it is this text that needs to be "deleted" from the background layer, making in effect transparent holes

MrToM

Guru
Try this:

HOLD Ctrl and CLICK the 'text' layer THUMBNAIL....this will make a selection based on the text.
Select the 'White' layer.
Hit 'Delete' on your keyboard.

This will effectively punch a hole through the white layer to reveal whatever layer is underneath that.

Any CSS or Image changes to the 'Teal' layer will then show through the 'White' layer.

Regards.
MrTom.