What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Positioning images with padding

Bluie

Hello

I have a blank image 960px wide x 290px high. Inside that blank image, I need to position four smaller images, horizontally aligned, as follows:

Extreme left image = 238px wide with right-padding only
Second left image = 239px wide with right and left padding of 1px
Second right image = 239px with right and left padding of 1px
Extreme right image = 238px wide with left padding only

Would I need to position those smaller images, with their respective padding, manually (using the left and right arrows)?

Thanks!

MrToM

Guru
In what context?

Padding is a CSS term, not photoshop.

Can you clarify?

Regards.
MrTom.

Bluie

Hello Mr Tom

Thanks for your reply

Yes, I mean applying the principle of padding, that is, a space between or around the image. Precisely because it can't be done in CSS, would I need to, for example, have a 240px wide image on a 242px wide background (to allow for a 1px 'pad' on either side).

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
Do you have the latest version of Photoshop with the latest upgrades? If so, use the Smart guide lines to lay your page out.
smart guides.PNG
Hello Mr Tom

Thanks for your reply

Yes, I mean applying the principle of padding, that is, a space between or around the image. Precisely because it can't be done in CSS, would I need to, for example, have a 240px wide image on a 242px wide background (to allow for a 1px 'pad' on either side).

Last edited:

Bluie

That's precisely what I mean!

Thank you.

I can't see it under 'Window' in my version, so I am visiting the Adobe site right now: Photoshop CC (2014), I think.

Thank you again.

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
That's precisely what I mean!

Thank you.

I can't see it under 'Window' in my version, so I am visiting the Adobe site right now: Photoshop CC (2014), I think.

Thank you again.
I believe it was in the last update a couple of weeks ago of 2014. It's under View..not Window ..New Guide Layout

Last edited: