What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alpha Transparency Image

gechterling

I'm not really sure how to describe what I need to make, so I'll just provide an example. I need to replicate what these guys did but have no clue how to do so.

Select different shirt colors.

tshirt site.PNG

Basically what is going here is they have an image with transparency and when you select a new color the background color is updated, hence the shirt appears to change colors. They have managed to create an transparent image that provides both shadows and highlights, thus retaining the texture throughout the color ranges. White, black, and any color, they all maintain a quality texture. Messing around I've managed to get the shadows working "ok" where it looks decent on White and Colors, but when you switch to dark colors it just looks close to a black silhouette. I found layering a solid white layer over the transparent shirt layer and giving it a transparency of 5% to 10% helps with the texture on the darks, but it often makes the black look more gray, which is not good. Any thoughts or ideas are very much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,
Gavin
Mod edit: Removed link to a live design site and replaced with a screen shot of page

Last edited by a moderator: