What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding a link to an image file

Rocketship69

Hi All,

I created an invitation in Photoshop CC for the American Cancer Society for an event they are holding very soon. I need to link it to an invite form on a website... A 'click here to RSVP' clickable within the image. Is this doable? I've been looking around and have found a couple potential solutions but I wanted to ask here. The image will be displayed in Outlook and on Facebook.

One solution was to use the slice tool. I tried this and did a layer slice on a rectangle layer. I then saved it 'for web' as an html file with the target within the rectangle being a '_blank' direct to the linked page. This kind of worked but when inserted into my test in apple Mail, the hrml file displayed as a small icon... Not a large picture. I can't imagine this would work on Facebook either. I image though on Facebook the image coil just be linked within there.

So so I guess what I'm asking is if there is a way to safe an image as an... Image with a linked url within it.

Thanks!
Rob

Tom Mann

Guru
Links are not added to images -- they are added by inserting additional HTML (or similar) code for the web page that displays the image. With this technique, one can put buttons or whatever functionality one wants near, or even on top of the image.

Tom M

Hoogle

Guru
you are along the right lines, however you are not hosting the html file or more importantly the image folder. the save for web exporting as html and images feature needs to be hosted somewhere and then relinked with the insert image let me see if I still have a video tutorial it is not quite as you want but it does give you a whole understanding along the lines. This was done 4 years ago so a bit dated now...