What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who wants a challenge?? Variable cropping action needed!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

photolounge

Who wants a challenge?? Variable cropping action needed!!
I am a photographer ad have recently started working with youth and junior sports sections. Part of the job is to shoot a series of action shots (approx 10) starting with them running in a zig zag towards the camera.
Each of these images needs to be cropped to 12x16in.
Obviously in each image the subject is a different part of the image and starts smaller and grows bigger.
With larger clubs there are upto 500 kids x 10 images 5000 photos to crop.

Does anyone know of an action/script that would pick up the main subject in the image and allow a specific crop around the subject??

I know a bit about photoshop and actions but this is way beyond my ability, any thoughts welcome. Hope to hear from someone soon.
Regards
Lee

needed

iDad

Guru
This sounds like a big project. Perhaps putting it in freelance section may help.

DoTTGaMMa

I do not believe there is an action script to identify people in an image and then to crop them, and if there was it would be costly and highly advanced- Something I do not believe has been made, and if you wanted someone to script that it would cost you a lot of money, and take a while to be made.

There are action scripts that make it where you can crop each image to a specific size, but in your case it will not work.
You need someone to go through each photo individually and do this- Which would take a while and compensation is expected...

So what do you plan on offering, what is the time constraints, and do you need anything else added to each image, such as a watermark of the teams logo, or the sports players name?

Thanks,
Matt Sweeney
[DoTTGaMMa Media]

Status
Not open for further replies.