What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help restoring an old family photo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael5567

Hello there, I need some help with an old photo.

There was a small flood at my mom's house recently, and one of her most cherished photos of my older brother and I was damaged. She was extremely upset because this was the only copy of the photo available of us as kids from back in Turkey. Her birthday is coming up in two weeks and I would love it if someone could restore the picture so I could print her out a large image in time for her birthday.

I'm not sure how much a job like this costs, but if you're capable of fixing it up real nice I would be willing to compensate you for the help. Send me a PM if you're interested.

I have taken 2 photos (of the picture) and uploaded them. The damage is mostly in my older brother's face as well as the canopy above his head. There is also some discoloration and fading as well. If anyone could help out, my mother and I would both be very grateful.

Thanks for your time, Mike

Pics: Hello there, I need some help with an old photo.

There was a small flood at my mom's house recently, and one of her most cherished photos of my older brother and I was damaged. She was extremely upset because this was the only copy of the photo available of us as kids from back in Turkey. Her birthday is coming up in two weeks and I would love it if someone could restore the picture so I could print her out a large image in time for her birthday.

I'm not sure how much a job like this costs, but if you're capable of fixing it up real nice I would be willing to compensate you for the help. Send me a PM if you're interested.

I have taken 2 photos (of the picture) and uploaded them. The damage is mostly in my older brother's face as well as the canopy above his head. There is also some discoloration and fading as well. If anyone could help out, my mother and I would both be very grateful.

Thanks for your time, Mike

Link: [url]http://imgur.com/a/llWfw[/url]

Michael5567

I'm not sure how much something like this would cost, but I would be willing to pay a few bucks if it means having it corrected. The picture means a lot to my family, especially my mother.

Kind regards,
Mike

DoTTGaMMa

Here's what I've got so far, tell me what you think about it- If you need anything changed let me know of the problem and I will Repair it without extra charge.

Here it is... Yeah the person to the right (Your brother?) has some flaws to it because I had to recreate it by hand... Let me know if it poses a problem for you.

restoration- SampledWM.jpg

Once you send the payment through I will send you a version without all the "dottgamma media." stuff on it.
$30.00 USD Does sound nice, my Paypal address is: m.sweeney@maryland.usa.com

Matt
DoTTGaMMa Media.

Michael5567

Here's what I've got so far, tell me what you think about it- If you need anything changed let me know of the problem and I will Repair it without extra charge.

Here it is... Yeah the person to the right (Your brother?) has some flaws to it because I had to recreate it by hand... Let me know if it poses a problem for you.

View attachment 13446

Once you send the payment through I will send you a version without all the "dottgamma media." stuff on it.
$30.00 USD Does sound nice, my Paypal address is: m.sweeney@maryland.usa.com

Matt
DoTTGaMMa Media.

I can't seem to view the attachment at the moment, but sounds good to me. I don't know if you saw my previous post but I linked to a picture I just found of my brother with no damage to the face area, perhaps parts of that can be used with this image. I'm just waiting to check out the attachment in the meantime.

Regards,
Mike

DoTTGaMMa

Oh, sorry.... This site does that too much
Also, the other picture of your brother is just not at the perfect angle to be used nicely... But it does help for reference, thanks.

Here is a version that you can see, although it is a bit distorted because imgur compresses their images a bit...
http://i.imgur.com/oKJgE.jpg

Michael5567

Oh, sorry.... This site does that too much
Also, the other picture of your brother is just not at the perfect angle to be used nicely... But it does help for reference, thanks.

Here is a version that you can see, although it is a bit distorted because imgur compresses their images a bit...
http://i.imgur.com/oKJgE.jpg

Looks good for the most part, but is there a chance the eyes/eyebrows could be fixed using this picture?

http://imgur.com/tt0m2

Hoogle

Guru
Your posts are automatically deleted if you have not been a member to the forum for 30 days or more I suggest you read the freelance rules to find out more information.

Also all images in freelance section need approval from mods\admin hence the reason sometimes there is a delay in images being visible.

This is to make sure all images are watermarked
and to stop people who are not qualified to do freelance work from doing it

DoTTGaMMa

DoTTGaMMa

How about now?
restorationsampledwmrev.jpg

DoTTGaMMa

Wow it's almost perfect! I hate to ask but if you could just fill in the discoloration above the eye and slightly shift the eye downwards for symmetry it would be an A+

I'm really loving it, thanks for the hard work

Oh no problem, thanks :)
It is always good to have another set of eyes to overview an image, it is very helpful.

Which eye were you talking about.... Eye 1?- Pretty sure it's eye 1 but just want to make sure.
restorationsampledwmrev.jpg

Michael5567

Oh no problem, thanks :)
It is always good to have another set of eyes to overview an image, it is very helpful.

Which eye were you talking about.... Eye 1?- Pretty sure it's eye 1 but just want to make sure.
View attachment 13472

Again I unfortunately can't view the attachment, but I'm talking about the eye on the far right (furthest away from the little boy)

Regards,
Mike

DoTTGaMMa

Michael5567

See, that is the problem.
I can not tell what orientation you are talking about...
Here, I'll post a link the the image- It really bugs me that this site is still doing that stuff, it really needs to be addressed.

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/8057/restorationsampledwmrev.jpg

Sorry for the confusion, but yes #2 according to your link, which is the one that was initially damaged. As I said, it looks great, all it seems to need is a slight alignment with the other eye as well as filling in the color above the eyebrow area to match the face.

Kind Regards,
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.