What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

logo design

LDengrave

Im looking to get some help with creating a logo for my parents business. It is a laser cutting and engraving business that is called Laser Dimensions. I would like to get some examples if possible and then choose and work with the person to finalize it and then pay them for it. thanks.

How much would the creator be compensated for the work and is there a time frame that it needs to be completed in?

What kind of compensation would be fair? I'm new to this so I don't even really have a ballpark. Suggestions are welcomed.

What kind of compensation would be fair? I'm new to this so I don't even really have a ballpark. Suggestions are welcomed.

Most Logo designs run from around $25-$50+... But that all depends on the quality and what is asked for.- Although, you can always negotiate the wage with the designer- Most people here are okay with a meager wage though.

What are you looking for/ what do you have in mind... Do you want to go for a simplistic text only logo(logotype) or an actual Logo to brand your company? Or both?

Here is an example of a logotype (Text Based Logo Branding)
http://www.listphile.com/Fortune_500_Logos/Dell/image/034_dell.png
Here is an example of a logo (image or shape Based Logo Branding)
http://www.printingterminal.com/web_images/printing_terminal_logo.png
Here is an example of both Logo and Text
http://www.entheosweb.com/logo_designs/images/9918-m.jpg

I would recommend a Logotype because it is applicable to most applications in the workforce, and helps people associate the image of your company with a word. It is also usually cheaper and easier for designers to accomplish... But it's up to you.

Last edited:
some reason the logotype link didnt open up. but it sounds like something i would be kinda looking for. probably be looking around $25 mark or so if someone would be interested in doing it for that much. or I could barter some laser work if someone would be interested in that. This is a idea i had came up with. any ideas to work off it or just start over?
Backup_of_LDLOGOSM.jpg

OK, I deleted my post and am now reposting due to edit problems.

I started working on this, a totally different take, before you posted the above design. This is definitely only an idea, not a finished product. But I see what you're looking at above.

LogoLaser.jpg

Here's something simple:

LOGOlaser_3.jpg

You're welcome. And if they aren't happy with any, give us another try with suggestions of what direction they want it taken. Cheers!

Here's a small rearrangement of my submission:

LOGOlaser_4a.jpg

Last edited:
Laser dimensions WM.png

Gimme a shout if this is what you want , or somthing like this :)

Made it in illustrator - you can resize without distortion

Last edited:
I'll give this a bash, sounds fun.

probably this time tomorrow before I get anything back to you though?

Back