What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quick Job 20$

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKZeidan

I have a picture that I want to print on a canvas (for a wedding gift). The picture is of medium quality, I would like a graphic designer to have a look at it and give feedback on what is the maximum size it can be printed on. Any techniques to enhance or improve the quality of the picture is welcomed.

The sizes I can print are either:
70cm x 100cm or
50cm x 70cm

First what would be the best dimension/size for the picture attached.

Second the photo has a street sign that says St. George Street, I want the graphic designer to edit the photo so that it only reads George street. So the "St." has to go and the "George should be moved to the left.

This should not take an experienced designer more than 20 minutes. I'm willing to pay 20$ for the job and can pay via paypal.

Please let me know if you are able to complete the above request and are interested as well.

Attachments

• george street.jpg
    george street.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 5

hawkeye

Guru
Print size is directly related to the pixels available, 300 PPI is ideal for printing but it can be less depending on viewing distance.

You can email me at rh@digitalphoto-graphics.com if you wish, I'll be happy to help you.

AKZeidan

Thats the best size I have. Would it look good if I printed it on a canvas the sizes I mentioned earlier?

hawkeye

Guru
If that's the full size, it's only 1024 X 697 at 240 PPI. So, no it will not print well at all in either size you indicated. It can be enlarged, but the larger you go the more quality will be lost.

AKZeidan

Ya thats what I was afraid of... any tricks to make it work? blurring, playing with the focus.. sorry I'm not so literate in PS.

iDad

Guru
did the cm size 70cm x 100cm also

btw it looks fine in pdf not the best but start point stunk

Attachments

• sample.gif
    sample.gif
    150 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

hawkeye

Guru
It all depends on your expectations. Most people printing on canvas and presenting it as a gift, want something really perfect.

AKZeidan

Thats true... The store that prints the canvas gives 3 options, matt, water color and glossy. Any chance one of the options would hide the pictures flaws?

hawkeye

Guru
Most of the image is out of fpcus to begin with, and printing on canvas isn't going to as crisp and detailed as say, glossy paper would be. But there is way to know for certain what the end reult will be until you try it. You're going to have to invest some money to find out...

AKZeidan

iDad sorry, the brochure from the store wrote the dimensions that way. It should be landscape, so 70x50 i guess??

iDad

Guru
okay pm if you're still in need

Status
Not open for further replies.