What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question from a noob.

lxovoxl

I just got a business card designed for me in the freelance section, I had the files, went to the store. But the size was not in proper 3.5 x 2 inch buisness card dimensions....they said they could not fit it without stretching the image.

Is there any way to fix this in photoshop? without cutting out myimage or ruining it in any way

so its to small and how small?
maybe add a border around it or depending on the image you could add/clone to the part where you need bigger

Last edited:
I just got a business card designed for me in the freelance section, I had the files, went to the store. But the size was not in proper 3.5 x 2 inch buisness card dimensions....they said they could not fit it without stretching the image.

Is there any way to fix this in photoshop? without cutting out myimage or ruining it in any way

Why not request the freelancers to create it in the needed size? They have the original files . It's only the layout size that needs to be altered.

It should have been made slightly larger when it was created to allow for bleed. This means the image extends beyond the final size for when it's cut.

Usually for business cards 1/8" bleed is used. So the document size should be increased by 1/4" each direction to 3.75 X 2.25. Increasing the image size by 1/4" shouldn't hurt anything. Just make sure that nothing you want to retain extends past the bleed area, because it will be cut off.

Attachments

• ScreenShot001.jpg
    ScreenShot001.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 33

Back