What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Strat headstock logo request!

logohunt

Hi!...I am putting together a custom guitar made by Warmoth...I'd like to put a custom logo on the headstock..something round , I think, that sort of compliments the round curve at the top of the headstock (it's the exact shape of a Fender Stratocaster)...What I envisioned was a sort of 3d looking capital 'W' , in some kind of fancy script, done up in chrome (!), with where the round edge of the logo blends into the tip points of the W...I thought it would look neat if the interior color was either black or the body color..transparent orange. The logo might have a slightly left edge forward perspective..maybe a raised button look to it..I've tinkered in photoshop but just don't have the skills to get it pro looking...If anyone is interested in attempting it, I would gladly paypal you $20 for your work.

ibclare

Queen Bee
logohunt, I have moved your thread into the Freelance Section. You'll get faster responses here and this is the appropriate place for it. Best of luck getting this done.

I don't suppose you can post one of your attempts, just so that we have a visual on what you are trying to describe.

logohunt

I don't suppose you can post one of your attempts, just so that we have a visual on what you are trying to describe.

It's so far away from what I want , it wouldn't do much good lol...I just don't know the right combination of detailed settings to get that near photorealist 3d 'button' look, with the right shades and shadows,etc,etc,etc...

Fatboy73

Guru
It's so far away from what I want , it wouldn't do much good lol...I just don't know the right combination of detailed settings to get that near photorealist 3d 'button' look, with the right shades and shadows,etc,etc,etc...

That's not the part we need. I believe what Spruce is talking about is just the basic design. Just because it's clear to you what you're talking about and what you've envisioned, doesn't mean it's clear to others . A simple chicken scratch sketch would be fine just get a visual on what you're describing. :)

logohunt

That's not the part we need. I believe what Spruce is talking about is just the basic design. Just because it's clear to you what you're talking about and what you've envisioned, doesn't mean it's clear to others . A simple chicken scratch sketch would be fine just get a visual on what you're describing. :)

I see...Ok, I'll try to mock something up...I think eventually it will either end up printed as a waterslide decal or maybe vinyl, not sure..

logohunt

crude W logo.jpg

well that was REALLY crude lol...anyway, something sorta like that, ...I had the idea of making a vintage/retro/art deco kind of logo, make it like a 3d button look, with the outside edges and W chrome look and the interior either black or transparent orange, with a sort of slightly turned perspective of the left edge back and the right edge more forward...

ibclare

Queen Bee
Sry about the wait on the attachments; I was out running those ubiquitous errands!

Oh, that sucks Chad. I hope you'll be able to replace it. That embellishment on the headstock looks good. Now you can adapt it to the logo.

Oh, that sucks Chad. I hope you'll be able to replace it. That embellishment on the headstock looks good. Now you can adapt it to the logo.

I sort of knew it wasn't quite what logohunt was after, I still think it looks quite good though. Speaking of musical instrumentation, it seems I like to blow my own trumpet!

ibclare

Queen Bee
I still think it's great "W" and why not try to wrap that "tail" (for lack of a better word) around into a portion of a circle.

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Logohunt... it's best to mention whether your logo will be a printed sticker or airbrushed to the stock... the Final Artwork for a sticker type is different.

Personally, I prefer airbrushed .... with a clear lacquer finish to protect it.

ibclare

Queen Bee
Pretty nice. I would curve the straight top of the W that goes under the fret,

and I would bring the lines of the letter out so they don't come so close to the hardware.

IMHO

:mrgreen:

logohunt

Logohunt... it's best to mention whether your logo will be a printed sticker or airbrushed to the stock... the Final Artwork for a sticker type is different.

Personally, I prefer airbrushed .... with a clear lacquer finish to protect it.

Thanks everyone, keep 'em coming!...I agree airbrush would be the best transfer method, I have no airbrush skills lol, may have someone attempt it, though with the level of photorealism I was hoping for, dunno if it's feasible...

AbdulW87

Power User
Pretty nice. I would curve the straight top of the W that goes under the fret,

and I would bring the lines of the letter out so they don't come so close to the hardware.

IMHO

:mrgreen:

i agree but couldnt work this in illustrator and if i transform the W too much its gets very jagged....this seemed like a compromise for the time being to get an idea what the vendor wanted.

There shouldn't be jagged lines using paths in illustrator unless you either want jagged lines, or your doing something wrong. Is it just a "W" in a font you have already installed or something? Why not rasterize it, and then you can do a live trace, then you can alter the anchors and handles to create whatever curves you want with no jaggedness.