What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anime/Gaming/Cartoon Character Collage Decal for rMBP

Pyros2009

Hi!

Can anyone give me a quote for artwork that will eventually be a decal for my rMBP (Retina Macbook Pro)?

I am looking for three identical collage pieces with one being in black, one white and one gray. Below is a list of characters I would like included. The preferred series/movie will be identified next to each character to help locate the image/character style I am looking for.

I leave it up to the artist to propose a creative way to focus the characters from the male and female lists around the lit Apple logo. The only other stipulation is to go with the more voluptuous versions of artwork for female characters (curvy top/bottom but classy).

Female Characters (Ordered from highest to lowest inclusion importance)
----------------------
Phoenix (Marvel)
Felicia (Dark Stalkers)
Mai Shiranui (King of Fighters)
Morrigan Aenslan (Dark Stalkers)
Psylocke (Marvel)
Cammy (Marvel vs Capcom 3)
Rogue (Marvel)
Chun Li (Street Fighter)
Lara Croft (Tomb Raider)
Samus Aran (Zero Suit Metroid)

Male Characters (Ordered from highest to lowest inclusion importance)
-------------------
Goku (Dragon Ball GT SSJ4)
Link (Legend of Zelda)
Harry Potter (Deathly Hallows)
Luke Skywalker (Star Wars: Return of the Jedi)
Gandlaf (Lord of the Rings)
Iron Man (Marvel vs Capcom 3)
Wolverine (Marvel vs Capcom 3)
Ryu (Street Fighter)
Mario (Super Mario Bros)
Kratos (God of War)
Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII)
Solid Snake (Metal Gear Solid)
Sackboy (Little Big Planet)
Batman (Arkham City)

Example concepts working around Apple logo:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/102768001/dragon-ball-mac-decal-macbook-stickers?ref=&sref=

http://www.etsy.com/listing/9233446...590a77969004_1343146529_14202082_harry_potter

The dimensions of the laptop are 9.73" x 14.13". Assume the decal application is going to be just slightly smaller.

I am just soliciting suggestions, ideas and prices atm.

Thanks!

Jmark

So you want 24 characters together around the apple logo? with 3 different versions of the group together, black white and grey?

Josh Stemple

I would say stcik to cartoon or not. Harry potter and luke skywalker dont exactly fit with the rest of them.

Sent from my Fortress of Solitude.

Pyros2009

So you want 24 characters together around the apple logo? with 3 different versions of the group together, black white and grey?

Strike the idea of three different versions/colors. One in black should be fine and I can request a color change from the company creating the decal.

No, not all 24 characters need to be included, just whichever work the best together around the Apple logo. It would be cool to incorporate the logo somehow, like a beam coming from someone hand. The hard part is making that work with mutliple characters.

Mostly, I am leaving it up to the artist to come up with any ideas and shoot them to me. Only guidelines are the rough dimensions, character list and the incorporation of the Apple logo.

Given the amount of characters involved and the incorporation of the logo it may be a project that is outside of my budget but I wanted to check around regardless.

Jmark

Strike the idea of three different versions/colors. One in black should be fine and I can request a color change from the company creating the decal.

No, not all 24 characters need to be included, just whichever work the best together around the Apple logo. It would be cool to incorporate the logo somehow, like a beam coming from someone hand. The hard part is making that work with mutliple characters.

Mostly, I am leaving it up to the artist to come up with any ideas and shoot them to me. Only guidelines are the rough dimensions, character list and the incorporation of the Apple logo.

Given the amount of characters involved and the incorporation of the logo it may be a project that is outside of my budget but I wanted to check around regardless.

I´m going to give it a shot then, however, may I ask what is your budget? How much are you willing to pay for a job like this?

Pyros2009

$75 is my max budget for the artwork. That said, my expectations are relatively high even though I have no clear direction on the implementation. Feel free to give it a shot or shoot me ideas you may have.

Jmark

$75 is my max budget for the artwork. That said, my expectations are relatively high even though I have no clear direction on the implementation. Feel free to give it a shot or shoot me ideas you may have.

Thank you for your answer, one last question: would you like kid link or link adult?

Jmark

Hey Jmark, the artwork is great but I am still looking for something that is a little different, more integrated with the Apple logo.

I suggest you to choose only one character and focus on that one like the other decals that you showed us ( harry potter, goku)

Last edited:

AbdulW87

Power User
i agree with jmark, integrating so many characters with one point is going to look chaotic. maybe 2 or 3 characters can be integrated with the logo.

Frey

Banned
I do as well. I might give this a try to see what I can come u with. It sounds fun and quite honestly I could use the money lol

Jmark

I suggest you to choose only one character and focus on that one like the other decals that you showed us ( harry potter, goku)

Pyros2009 I suggest you to choose only one character, what do you think??

Jmark

I do as well. I might give this a try to see what I can come u with. It sounds fun and quite honestly I could use the money lol

Here is my try
artworksu.jpg

Basically I just put a bunch of characters that I could found around and tried to make them look like marvel vs capcom kind of poster, something like that.
Also why do you say that you could use the money?