What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manipulate Photos for Website Banner

tk748

Hello Photoshop Experts,

I am working on a project that needs an image to be used as a banner on a webpage. It involves resizing and placing two royalty free illustrations. I have attached a pdf document that describes what I would like. The document has copies of the two photos involved along with examples of where and how I want them put together.

I will purchase and supply the photos once I find the right person to do this project. If you are interested please pm me with any comments and what you think is a fair price to pay for your work.

Thank you for considering my project.

Thomas

Attachments

• Project Description.pdf
    233.8 KB · Views: 18

Fatboy73

Guru
Hello,

I would be interested in discussing your project further and helping you out.

Why not just post the images and instructions here, as you will get a better response, and then you can choose the one you like the most.

Jmark

Why not just post the images and instructions here, as you will get a better response, and then you can choose the one you like the most.
I agree
Cloak and Dagger mate, Cloak and Dagger....

I prefer them more when they team up with avengers rather than having a solo;)

Last edited:

Fatboy73

Guru
I agree
Cloak and Dagger mate, Cloak and Dagger....

I prefer them more when they team up with avengers rather than having a solo;)

I wouldn't worry about it guys. We had agreed on a price of his choosing, but as soon as I mentioned needing the unmarked hi-res image files(that he was going purchase from Istock) he disappeared. Haven't heard from him in 5 hours, so he's either:

A. Not wanting to purchase the images from Istock, and went somewhere else to have the watermark removed.
B. Found someone to do it free or ridiculously cheap.
C. A combination of A&B

Jmark

I wouldn't worry about it guys. We had agreed on a price of his choosing, but as soon as I mentioned needing the unmarked hi-res image files(that he was going purchase from Istock) he disappeared. Haven't heard from him in 5 hours, so he's either:

A. Not wanting to purchase the images from Istock, and went somewhere else to have the watermark removed.
B. Found someone to do it free or ridiculously cheap.
C. A combination of A&B

Hey mate he told me the same to me!
We also agreed on a price and then I asked him for the unmarked images but he didnt respond after that
I hope he gets back :rolleyes:

Jmark

One of the new rules I hope to implement in the freelance section is that all OPs must post images. Too much hanky panky creating too much of a buzz for a Queen Bee to tolerate, lol.
Queen Bee :lol:
Yes ibclare I understand your point and I also agree to that rule since I know this has been happening a lot these last few days, however there are some people who are very worried about having their photos out in the internet because of a shy matter or also because the images that they want editing are ¨not for the faint of heart¨
For example an OP from last week wanted 2 images with an edited background and asked us our e-mails so he could send us the pictures, well I received those pictures and I will tell you that the guy was ¨showing too much skin¨
Now there was also another OP who wanted a complete face retouch a few days ago, he didnt add any pictures in his thread and we told him to send the pictures to our e-mails and again those pictures were not for everyone to see and also I can tell you that the OP didnt wanted to show his pictures to the public since those were ¨very delicate pictures¨ for him since he went thru some accident.
Again I believe the rule has to be implemented and I support you on that,however there are people who also ask for personal edits and they choose not to post their pictures because of the above reasons, they feel more comfortable doing it privately via e-mail. Which is not the case with this OP from this thread since he was just asking us to blend a picture of a tucan and a forest, obviously that doesnt have anything wrong and the rule can be applied to a situation like this one.
Thats all I have to say:)

tk748

Well good morning gurus. Pardon me for having family to attend to and needing a little sleep.

Yes, I was discussing this project with Fatboy and Jmark, and both quoted the same price which I thought was just fine. Jmark showed so much initiative he (I assume he) createted my project in about 10 minutes from a copy of the pdf I sent to him because the forum had not approved the upload as yet.

I was quite taken by surprise with Jmark's work because it was so fast and pretty much what I was looking for. With a little tweeking it will do just fine.

Thank you Fatboy for responding to my request however, I will proceed to work with Jmark, That is if he would still like the job.

As for the bit about not not wanting to purchase the photos from iStockphoto, or going elsewhere to have the water mark removed, I think you guys need to tone it down a bit and have some patience. Purchasing the photos is my next line of business this morning, just after reading these responses to my post.

Jmark, I will email you shortly to ask if you would like to finish your work. And good day to therest of the forum.

Fatboy73

Guru
Well good morning gurus. Pardon me for having family to attend to and needing a little sleep.

Yes, I was discussing this project with Fatboy and Jmark, and both quoted the same price which I thought was just fine. Jmark showed so much initiative he (I assume he) createted my project in about 10 minutes from a copy of the pdf I sent to him because the forum had not approved the upload as yet.

I was quite taken by surprise with Jmark's work because it was so fast and pretty much what I was looking for. With a little tweeking it will do just fine.

Thank you Fatboy for responding to my request however, I will proceed to work with Jmark, That is if he would still like the job.

As for the bit about not not wanting to purchase the photos from iStockphoto, or going elsewhere to have the water mark removed, I think you guys need to tone it down a bit and have some patience. Purchasing the photos is my next line of business this morning, just after reading these responses to my post.

Jmark, I will email you shortly to ask if you would like to finish your work. And good day to therest of the forum.

Good to hear and Jmark will do a spectacular job for you. I will say this though. Communication is essential and a five second "hey this is what I'm doing" would have dispelled any negative assumptions. Best of luck with your project. :)

ibclare

Queen Bee
... there are some people who are very worried about having their photos out in the internet ... ¨showing too much skin¨ ¨very delicate pictures¨ for him since he went thru some accident.

Again I believe the rule has to be implemented and I support you on that,however there are people who also ask for personal edits and they choose not to post their pictures because of the above reasons, they feel more comfortable doing it privately via e-mail.
Thats all I have to say:)

I welcome more discussion on this, but not in this thread; we've already taken it off-topic enough. Please PM me if you have anymore to say, lol. Anyone. I'll take this to staff for consideration. Where do we draw the line? Do we draw one at all? Do we moderate the freelance section or don't we? I'm open to ideas.

ibclare

Queen Bee
Thank you Fatboy for responding to my request however, I will proceed to work with Jmark

Thank you tk748 for coming to PSG. My apologies that you walked into a time period of updating the freelance guidelines. So we are batting things around and it was unfair to get you caught in the middle.

I will close this thread now. PM me if for any reason you need it reopened. Thank you, Clare