What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recreate Rainbow Starburst Image.

Status
Not open for further replies.

raymng

Hi,

I want to recreate the following starburst effect background in Vector Photoshop PSD or Illustrator AI format. It has to look 98% or more same as the following image:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9928184/st.png

The final delivery has to be scalable or at least 2048x2048 pixels.

Budget: USD15 (Neg.) by Paypal
Deadline: 5 Days

Thanks!!
Raymond
:rolleyes:

Attachments

• st.png
    st.png
    154.7 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

Fatboy73

Guru
Hi Ray,

Recreating it is more difficult and time consuming than you might think. I did download it, re-size it, and tweak it a little bit, and with this type of graphic(with no hard lines) it looks good. I can send you a watermarked file if you like and if it's what you want you can purchase the unmarked file.
If this is agreeable you can PM me your e-mail address and I'll send over the watermarked file. :)

Best,
Chris

raymng

Hi Ray,

Recreating it is more difficult and time consuming than you might think. I did download it, re-size it, and tweak it a little bit, and with this type of graphic(with no hard lines) it looks good. I can send you a watermarked file if you like and if it's what you want you can purchase the unmarked file.
If this is agreeable you can PM me your e-mail address and I'll send over the watermarked file. :)

Best,
Chris

Thanks for your help, but I really need high quality file. Resize is not acceptable for me.

I first laid the original image over a blank canvas that was bigger in height and width. I then used an angled gradient on the layer beneath and tried matching the colours to the original as well as I could. I then used the pen tool to make a path that criss crossed the image, and used that as a selection to copy and paste a few times, rotating each one slightly differently. Now I had My clear Image, I traced it in Illustrator, then adding gradients to create blurs. After saving it at this point as .AI file, I reloaded it into Photoshop and added saturation and vibrancy filter and converted it into a smart object and saved as .PDF and as you will know, the pdf will now be able to load into any program and changed size without any loss in quality.

Without giving away too many secrets. :)

raymng

I first laid the original image over a blank canvas that was bigger in height and width. I then used an angled gradient on the layer beneath and tried matching the colours to the original as well as I could. I then used the pen tool to make a path that criss crossed the image, and used that as a selection to copy and paste a few times, rotating each one slightly differently. Now I had My clear Image, I traced it in Illustrator, then adding gradients to create blurs. After saving it at this point as .AI file, I reloaded it into Photoshop and added saturation and vibrancy filter and converted it into a smart object and saved as .PDF and as you will know, the pdf will now be able to load into any program and changed size without any loss in quality.

Without giving away too many secrets. :)

Hi, thanks for the nice work, but your image look little blur when I watch it in full size.
Another one sent me a better version, as here:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9928184/Screenshot_9.jpg

So I think I would choose his version. Thanks for your time!!

You do realise when you ask for the image to look as much like the original as possible, if the original is blury, it seems like you want a blury image. If you read what I put, I added the blurs, and would have taken 2 seconds to take them out. :banghead:

Fatboy73

Guru
Ray, I'm seriously chuckling right now man. The "version" you liked is is exactly what I did in the first place. It's just a resized, tweaked version of your original picture. The situation is too funny. :rofl:

raymng

Ray, I'm seriously chuckling right now man. The "version" you liked is is exactly what I did in the first place. It's just a resized, tweaked version of your original picture. The situation is too funny. :rofl:

Hi, I just sent you a PM with the full version.. pls check.

Sorry it took so long, but I went to sleep before you asked for what it looks like without blur.

Attachments

• st_preview.png
    st_preview.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 5

Paul

Former Member
I think this is going in circles now, OP as stated he/she as had work done somewhere else so i will close it now thank you all who tried to help OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.