What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Webdesign paying up to 600$

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solrik

Banned
Hello

I'm looking for a professional and experienced designer to make me a web design. A full document with the structure and details I want will be provided. I'm available 21 hours a day so if you have any questions while in the making you will find me.

I hired Inkz to do this job back in Oct, but he went rogue and took my money.

Upon applying for this job, please provide previous work. One requirement is to be availble almost every day. If you're going somewhere for a longer period of time I want to know about it.

Paul

Former Member
Also Sorik PAY NO MONEY AT ALL UP FRONT NOT ONE PENNY UNTIL YOU HAVE SEEN PROOFS AND ARE HAPPY.

Paul

Former Member
That applies to ALL who use freelance on any forum anywhere anytime.

iDad

Guru
INKZ has not explained himself here as a freelancer this makes us all look like crooks, Psg needs to step to the plate and Ban INKZ to much time has passed with no explanation this is unacceptablePERIOD MOD or not!
edit:
i've said my piece and I feel better but bad at the same time
Sorry guys but that's it in a nutshell

Last edited:

Fatboy73

Guru
Before everyone pulls out their pitchforks and torches and rounds up the posse, you might want to take a step back.
Inkz has been around for a while and has a good track record backing him up. Until he speaks up, we have NO idea what really happened. Might be a misunderstanding or their might be legitimate reasons on either side we simply do not not know and NO one deserves to be crucified without representing themselves.

iDad

Guru
Time that has expired is sufficient you said it yourself INKZ has been around for a while, I personally think it's time for him to step to the plate and explain himself if he doesn't it makes us all look bad, this situation is not fun but it needs to be nipped in the bud.There is no malice on my end, just reality,it is what it is.

Fatboy73

Guru
We still don't know what happened or why Inkz isn't responding, he may have a legit reason. As far as looking bad...I love this site and it it's members but as far as I can tell were mostly the "get your professional work done for free" site so I don't think one person purporting they got screwed is going to rain o the parade.

iDad

Guru
I'm sure you know the old saying "one apple".. He has been signed in numerous times since this started. Back in December before Christmas. He's a moderator for Pete sakes he sees more than you and I. No probably won't rain on the parade but it does make it look suspicious here.

Fatboy73

Guru
I'm sure you know the old saying "one apple".. He has been signed in numerous times since this started. Back in December before Christmas. He's a moderator for Pete sakes he sees more than you and I. No probably won't rain on the parade but it does make it look suspicious here.

Fair enough.

Solrik

Banned
I don't think this is the right place to do the discussion, but on the other hand. Ill leave a list with points step-by-step on what actually happend.

- I contacted Inkz through PM because he had already done a logo for me in the past I was very satisfied with. Contacting him through PM instead of open forum was a mistake, therefore PSG can't help me in this situation.

- In the beginning, I gave him a wire-frame aswell as my business plan. I drew some doodles for him to show how I wanted it. He said he would handle the icons/detailed stuff and a friend of his would do the whole setup for the webdesign. Don't get me wrong. Some of the icons Inkz made was pretty ****ing awesome. But the more screenshots I got, the more "faults" I discovered.

- Upon accepting my job Inkz requested 300$ up front, and 300$ after it was done. We agreed on the price 600$. He sent me an invoice for 300$. I paid.

- He then made a big cryfest about his girlfriend leaving him or whatever and requested 150$ to pay for his internet bills or something. I was pretty damn stoked about the icons and small details he'd made thus far and accepted to help him out. <-- Biggest mistake so far. After that, he went rogue.

- I tried contacting him through facebook, skype, PSG and e-mail. Our deadline was 10th of dec. Late dec, still hadn't recieved anything.

- Early January, guess who shows up! Inkz, he said he couldn't install Skype on his computer because it was bugged bla bla (I believe this was bull****, but hey!) He had skype on his phone and we agreed that he would finish the webdesign in a short matter of time for an extra 70$ IF he could provide screenshots of how the design looked at this point. I got a few screenshots, but those screenshots were the same I recieved 2 months ago. "Sorry couldn't find the other" was the last words I heard from him.

At this point, still haven't heard from him.

Solrik

Banned
Also! Thanks for all the people out there offered to do this job for me. I'm gonna decide on which one I chose next week I think.

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Also! Thanks for all the people out there offered to do this job for me. I'm gonna decide on which one I chose next week I think.

In behalf of the forum, my apologies for the inconvenience.

Unprofessional behavior will not be tolerated within this forum. No one is above it's guidelines and will be subject to sanctions for their misdemeanors regardless of rank . The administrators will look into this and will try our best to assist you in clearing up this matter.

I'd also like to thank you for your patience and that despite your experience, are still willing to entrust the members of this forum to undertake your job offer.

Please enjoy what the forum and its field of freelancers can offer you.

Hoogle

Guru
Ok first of all I have stayed out of the INkZ Drama 1 because the job was not posted here secondly not knowing all the facts it is hard to alienate someone without knowing the full story, he did reply to us in the staff forum with a new arrangement that had been agreed with you, But it is my understanding this has not been fullfilled to a satisfactory level.

As stated we can only apologise for the hassle.

Now moving on I personally do not feel right stepping on another freelancers toes but it is fair to say you have a job that needs doing, allowed plenty of time and the job has not been completed so now I guess it is up for grabs. I am going to assume if you really like the work inkz has done and have paid him as agreed then you now own the work that has been done so if you like it then you are free to use it to the next person.

You will also know I do not tend to do freelance on here mainly because I dont see how a moderator can moderate a forum when they can get personal gain out of it, which can lead to abuse (ie someone will choose a moderator for the work as they are supposedly trusted.)

I also dont think freelancers should get personal your paying someone to do a job and shouldnt really care about his personal problems and I think that is a good lesson to all on here.

Now to prevent anything happening again please do post names of people contacting you as we do need to monitor your job closely

I Shouldnt have to do this but lets just say 1 of the few decent jobs that came here all be it out of public view has been blown, and if you can not get anyone willing to do the job then I will consider doing it at a discount so that you are happy it is my understanding you have already lost money and time approaching 2 months now. So I will work on a pay what you want to pay for the job. And as long as we work together speedily will hopefully have the job done ready to go asap. (please note I do run 2 successful businesses so a lot of my daytime hours are taken up but will do bits here and there out of hours)

If you do decide to have me do it then I work to requirements so it is clear from the beginning what is expected and so the job can be done with very little interaction I dont mean that to sound harsh or pompus but whenever I deal with clients especially new 1s I have them fill out a whole series of forms that are web based which I can not offer right now as I am moving servers and updating my own site (when I get time to do my own stuff lol)

I am not going to sit here and say I can do it for you etc without knowing the full extent of the job.

SO please create the wording and graphics that you have and would like on your site in either a pdf format or a microsoft word document as per page.

so landing page (what people will see when they type your domain address in for 1st time)
Home page (all the text and images you want people to see on your home page) this can also be merged with your landing page
a seperate document for each page you would like.
rough product numbers if you want it to be an ecommerce site
Contact info for contact page and if you would like google maps etc embedded.
if you want live chat enabled so you can speak to customers who visit your site
Any other pages, or forms which you would like to have downloaded by your viewers in pdf format or I can make them in pdf format.

Links to 3 sites you like the layout and design off
links to 3 sites you dislike

I will not make forum templates for vbulletin, xenforo,PHpbb, etc forum templates are just to much work and acquire a lot of time.
I will do a basic social media site that looks and behaves similar to facebook with basic customisation

I will not take out hosting or pay for hosting this is down to you to do, this protects you and removes the liability from me if your site goes down, I will not host your site on 1 of my servers.

I will not treat you the same as my clients as this is an exception hence my clear stating on what I wont do, I will make sure your site is up and running, I will do basic SEO and search engine tree structure, I will consider making a mobile version for mobile browsers. Once Site is completed You will have all the files and it is then handed over to you to do what you like with, I will however help you upload files to a server or shared hosting if you have set up the account and can provide your ftp details. I will get your site working if need be. I suggest you you set a basic password whilst the site is worked on and uploaded which you can then change. Once this has happened I do not accept responsibility for lost passwords, or being locked out as I wont have anyway to reset them. WHen taking out hosting your contact details will be provided not mine.

I can offer routine maintenance and updates however after initial site is made and handed over to you it is with the intention that you will have all the files needed and can hire someone to make changes for you, But any work after acceptance of my work you will be billed at my normal client rates or negotiated depending on the job, obviously minor changes I will do, but eperience tells me what starts out as a minor edits turns out to be an additiona 5 pages.

as to hosting I will advise on you on suitable plans (not such an issue these days as most paid for hosting comes with unlimited traffic and space, however you may be limited to 1 database, you may not get unlimited sub domains/email accounts or actual domains. some hosting with the likes of godaddy can offer unlimited websites being hosted under the same account with multiple domains.

Watch out when purchasing your domain if you do not already own it, there is going to be +700 new domains released shortly so you may not want a www.example.com instead you may want example.shop so make sure you purchase the best domain for you. .coms are not as good as .co.uk if you live in the UK as your site will be ranked hire with a local domain however if you are a US business then obviously you can have a .com.

What is the best form for your website ie would you like to blog and doo weekly news alerts etc in that case then maybe a wordpress site is best for you or at very least a wordpress section where you can log in and post articles, stories, news announcements etc rather than pay a web designer.

Sorry to be negative sounding but I like to be to the point and clear up front I can't promise Gold but deliver tin painted gold.

Truth is anyone here can produce a mockup created in photoshop or illustrator actually translating that into an optimised website is a totally different story, so producing mockups is about as useful as you writing up your website in microsoft word and saving it as html, yes people can draw up nice designs in photoshop and slice it to a website but without taking that into a html editor and fine tuning it then it is useless unless you are not expected to be ranked by search engines.

Ideally someone else can do this job so they can make money and you can be happy All I can say at this stage is my only concern is that you are happy I even offered to help inkz to turn what he may have had into a website without you ever knowing and for free, but no response.

I am going to clean this thread up and get it to the point

If you can post downloadable pdfs/word documents of a full job description and criteria Then hopefully that will sort out the people reading this asking if they are capable or not. Like I think I have demonstrated saying you can do it without knowing everything is like someone claiming to be fluent in every language in the world.

Hoogle

Guru
and looks like I need a new keyboard lol, the severe lack of commas and full stops their I apologise.

Solrik

Banned
All I need is the design. A PSD file is ok. There is one homepage (the one that shows when you enter my domain), a user-profile page, a basic forum display page and a general page that we can customize ourselves. That's the job.

I have recieved 3 offers so far. Posting names when I'm about to decide.

Paul

Former Member
Let's hope this is resolved amicably for all parties concerned.

Steve

Retired Administrator
INKZ has not explained himself here as a freelancer this makes us all look like crooks, Psg needs to step to the plate and Ban INKZ to much time has passed with no explanation this is unacceptablePERIOD MOD or not!
edit:
i've said my piece and I feel better but bad at the same time
Sorry guys but that's it in a nutshell

First of all, just because Inkz is a mod here doesn't mean he will be getting preferential treatment, on the other hand PSG is a "dating service" for client and artist.
A deal gone bad has no reflection on us, the arrangement is strictly between the 2 parties.

PSG collects no commission or compensation, we just supply a place for parties to meet.
Also, we at PSG will do our best to help the parties work things out, and we've been trying with both parties for the last few weeks.
I'll contact Inkz again and find out what's going on.

Since "I" don't have a clear idea of the situation I'm sure the general members don't either, so talk of banning it premature.

Status
Not open for further replies.