What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exterior house designer

Allwiredup

Hello, I'm looking at replacing the siding on my house to a darker color, the brick on the front is out dated and would like to get some ideas ie: full wall of stone or rock or just half wall, so if there is any designers out there let me, it's a project I'm looking at starting in the fall so it doesn't have to be done in 24h a week or so would be fine, as for the money, I'm new to this and do not know how much time is involved in this project, but I know the min is $50, let me know if you want me to throw a pic up or wait for someone to pm me, thanks for your time

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
I'm interested. I'll PM .

ALB68

Thanks for the reply. Understand your need. This is a bit off the beaten path though for what your looking for IMHO.
Thanks, but I'd like to find someone that is a designer that would have ideas,

iDesign

Welcome to the forum Allwiredup.

Please post a picture so I can see the work involved, then I can see if there is anything I can offer. Is that ok?

Allwiredup

Sounds good, here are two pics, one is of my house, and the other one is something like what I'm looking for, a darker color and more updated,

Attachments

• IMG_2852.JPG
    IMG_2852.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 33
  • new home.JPG
    new home.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 54

iDesign

You forgot to say which one is your house :).

This is certainly something I would like to work on, but it will take some time. I'd say 3-4 days, however try to give everyone a chance here rather than take the quickest design.

PS. if your home is the bottom picture, by any chance do you have any other photos of your home we can work on.

Allwiredup

You forgot to say which one is your house :).

This is certainly something I would like to work on, but it will take some time. I'd say 3-4 days, however try to give everyone a chance here rather than take the quickest design.

PS. if your home is the bottom picture, by any chance do you have any other photos of your home we can work on.
Lol My house is the first pic, yea I'm in no rush, just wanted a update the house with some ideas

ALB68

Since I have been eliminated because I am not a "designer" (although I spent 25 years in the construction industry) I suggest that some higher resolution photos will get you better results.
Your idea of faux stone on the front would look good. Go with more earth tones on the trim and existing siding but still maintain a contrast. The facia may be aluminum wrapped, so I think it could stay, You might also consider a different type of roof. Metal roofs are very popular in this part of the country. I recently put one on my house and I absolutely love it. Put it on over the other roof and used a factory finished roof panel system. My carpenter and one man put it on in less than a day and a half. My heating and cooling bills went down and no, since it has 2 roofs, you never hear the rain beating on it. (I was actually kind of disappointed in that) Add some shutters to the windows on the addition I think.
Now hire iDesign to put your ideas on a decent photo and you can judge how it would look to you.

Last edited:

Allwiredup

I'm sorry, but I was looking for someone that did ext designs with Photoshop, maybe I am in the wrong forum, that is why I asked in my first post, as for ALB I did not say he was not qualified, I miss understood his PM he sent, quote( I used to be a contractor in my former life) I took that as he had no experience, I apologize to ALB for that, For now he has been the only person that threw a idea up, I would like input from people because I my self am no designer or can do anything with photoshop

ALB68

No offence taken. I was just offering you my knowledge about building as well as my graphics knowledge. I doubt you will find many people that actually use Photoshop with the development of drawings or blueprints. Those are initially done in autocad as line drawings, to scale etc. I would hate to know I had to use Photoshop for that process. That's not what it's made for. Now, I understood that what you wanted to do was to simulate some different things such as colors, different wall finishes etc. That, Photoshop can do and some architects use it for that purpose.
I'm sorry, but I was looking for someone that did ext designs with Photoshop, maybe I am in the wrong forum, that is why I asked in my first post, as for ALB I did not say he was not qualified, I miss understood his PM he sent, quote( I used to be a contractor in my former life) I took that as he had no experience, I apologize to ALB for that, For now he has been the only person that threw a idea up, I would like input from people because I my self am no designer or can do anything with photoshop

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
In other words , the OP needs someone with Interior/exterior Design or Architectural expertise.

Take note.... to design is one thing but architectural/structural soundness of the design is another, equally important matter.
Allwiredup ....

When you say updated, do you mean total refurbishing/renovating the exterior facade?

Allwiredup

In other words , the OP needs someone with Interior/exterior Design or Architectural expertise.

Take note.... to design is one thing but architectural/structural soundness of the design is another, equally important matter.
@Allwiredup ....

When you say updated, do you mean total refurbishing/renovating the exterior facade?
Yes the facade, siding and changing the brick on the front, not changing the walls, size or shape of the house

ibclare

Queen Bee
Allwired up, How about this? We aften have designers post their small, low res ideas with Water Marks, competing openly for the work. They may not post their design with all the hours in it that they could do in refining the exterior that you want, as that would take considerable time, but it should give you an idea who understands what you want and can head it in the right direction. What do you think?

Allwiredup

Yea I think that would be the best choice, because when I think of it, you guys do some pretty crazy things with images with a lot of detail, I really don't need that much detail, more ideas and what they would look like,