What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Erbil / Kurdistan / Iraq project for $75

Status
Not open for further replies.

jedirye

Hello everyone!I have a request I would like, if anyone is interested in making a quick buck.

Right now I'm working at the U.S. Consulate General in Erbil, Kurdistan. We've got a lot going on, it's kind of hectic. The Peshmerga are holding their own and holding off ISIS, but it's still tense. Also since the weather is changing,

I thought I'd make a little customized Kurdistan sweatshirt for a few of us here (about 10). I made my order to CustomTshirts but there was a problem. A copyright infringement. Little did I know, you couldn't just use whatever image you found online In my case, ignorance is bliss. Anyway, check out the attached, this would be placed on the front of the sweatshirt. It highlights a lot of key aspects about Erbil.

Is there any way someone can alter that image to make it original or make a new one but similar? Please let me know. I like the overall cityscape image but wanted "Irbil Kurdistan" larger along with the five (5) points of interest wording larger as well. Thanks!

EDIT: Also, since I am not familiar with photo editing programs nor the work involved, if this is a much more exceedingly taxing request we can talk about price. I would like it to be fair for me and also fair for you :)

EDIT 2: Sweatshirt will be SCREEN PRINTED. Thanks for the tip to include that!

**** ADMIN EDIT - the OP has increased his offer to $75.00.

Attachments

• KurdistanDesignProject.png
    KurdistanDesignProject.png
    129.6 KB · Views: 38
Last edited by a moderator:

jedirye

Also this is what the overall design looks like.

Attachments

• 102921d1411645122-anyone-good-photoshop-erbil-kurdistan-project-jacket.jpg
    102921d1411645122-anyone-good-photoshop-erbil-kurdistan-project-jacket.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 5

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Welcome to the forum, jedirye. Thanks for bringing your needs here.

The image is a copyright by AMStudios. It will be an infringement to use this image.

I must point out that we have standard minimum pricing list for design jobs.... https://www.photoshopgurus.com/foru...read-first-post1533609548.html#post1533609548 . Please peruse this section.

Your need requires a bit of thought in order to skirt around the coyright issue and come up with a completely original design. Please don't feel offended if our responding designers feel that your price offer is below par. They are allowed to negotiate with visiting clients and the final price is dependent on your negotiations.

As always, please deal with qualified, PSG freelancers...... https://www.photoshopgurus.com/foru...read-first-post1533606508.html#post1533606508 . They are required to respond in this thread before they can contact you.

We also allow initial designs posted in this thread for you to have a range of choices to choose from. These are watermarked for the designers protection and will not appear in the final, winning entry delivered to you.

Good luck.....

**** ADMIN EDIT - the OP has increased his offer to $75.00.

Last edited:

jedirye

Hey,
Thanks for the reply! I had edited to reflect the pricing adjustment and changes. I totally understand varying work involved and an increased cost. Perhaps this can be discussed in a PM if anyone is interested. YES, copyright infringement, which is why I wanted to come here :) I don't want to rip off the designer of course. I had e-mailed them to seek permission to use it, since it's just for a small order of sweatshirts for people that live in the area, but have not received a response back yet and their last post on their website was Aug/2012 or something so not too optimistic.

Oh well :)

I am in no way offended The more you know!! Thanks!

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Thanks for your understanding. I've approved your images for viewing.

Pricing can be discussed via PM. Response to your offer may be slow as our qualified members are spread across different time zones.

One more thing .... Please indicate whether the design will be screen printed or via Heat Press transfer. This may affect the design and if required, for our designers to prepare the final art files accordingly for processing.

hawkeye

Guru
I would do something like this in Illustrator and use an EPS file. I'll PM you.

Status
Not open for further replies.