What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weight Manipulation needed for Psychology study - 10-20 images total

Status
Not open for further replies.

victoman

Hello!

I am working for a psychology department at a major university in the US. We are going to run a research study that attempts to measure discrimination targeted at overweight individuals. For the job we will need a total of 10-20 men and women's images manipulated to make them appear morbidly obese. In addition to making the subjects appear larger in general, the subjects should have features such as a double chin and a bulging stomach. Their clothes should also look very tight (especially around her arms and legs). It is of great importance that the images appear realistic and unmanipulated so participants in the study do not question the authenticity of the photos.

I have provided one of the images here. If you are up for the task, please use this image to provide me a sample of your work (which I will show to my boss for approval to proceed with full job). In addition, please list your estimated job completion time and your price for 10 images (5 male and 5 female) as well as for 20 images (10 male and 10 female). Money for the project is tight, so cost may limit the size of job. I am hoping that we can get a good price in the name of science! :)W9ob.jpg

-Vic

victoman

Hey IamSam, I took a look over the instructions. I believe I am in compliance. Please inform me if I have done something wrong.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Yes, your in compliance, thanks. You left out one minor detail....... 2. What is your budget? This can be approximate or exact, be as specific as possible.

iDad

Guru
this picture looks stretched? just saying

iDad

Guru
Your picture not approved yet what's up with that?this isn't a freelance job is it?

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I think it's obvious guys that the image is stretched. It was used as an example of what the OP expects from the Freelance job.

I will agree with both of you that due to it's obvious stretch, it in no way appears realistic and un-manipulated if that's what your driving at?

victoman

Hey guys. Yes the image is I posted initially was stretched out. Let me give you some background. Attached here is the totally unaltered image. I had a friend attempt to complete this job for me, but I was not satisfied with his work (image from my first post, which he could not making appear large enough).

For the study we are really trying to present somebody who is morbidly obese (round face, double chin, big belly, arms and legs appear to be stretching fabric of clothing + remove shadow by feet). I have been informed that this is a difficult task. This is why I decided to seek out the help from professionals (aka you fine people).

We are looking to spend in the range of $50 (our department is pretty cash poor). To run this study we would need a minimum of 2 men and 2 women to appear obese. Is there anybody that would be willing to assist?

W9.jpg

hawkeye

Guru
I sent you a PM.

Attachments

• weight-manipulation-needed-psychology-study.jpg
    weight-manipulation-needed-psychology-study.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 29

Seaco

Power User
Hi

It is a little difficult on such a low quality image but is this close to what you want?

Regards

LeeW9 done2.jpg

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
It wouldn't hurt......you never know.

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
Please advise if this job has been completed or not so that the thread can be closed or left active for further inquiry.
Thanks

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
No response from OP since Oct. 14. Thread is now closed. 72 hours is the limit for response, especially when it appears there is no activity.

Status
Not open for further replies.