What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need Assistance to repair COREL DRAW X4 Files or troubleshoot transfer to X7 Issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kram Strebor

Hi team, just hoping for some ideas on Corel. We have thousands of files originally made in X4, now transferring to X7. Seems some have been corrupted, and wondering how to get them back on track.

We have tried the .ZIP from temp, but nothing. The files are not 'crashing', just get super slow.

We had a corruption issue a few years back, and it was something to do with the 'powerclip curves'. For example, I remember one file we had had 250,000 curves.... I remember we simply opened the file in X5, transferred the X4 file over to X5 and it was good, it removed the massive amount of curves.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm happy to pay for advise, as this is killing our business. I can send files if anyone wants to have a look... as I said, happy to pay for help. These X7's we are using are brand new, COREL, as usual will not reply to emails, even during warranty period.

Re: CorelDraw very slow, same old CDR problem!

Hi there....

Although this is a COREL DRAW subject and that you may require special assistance with your problem, I'm moving your thread to the freelance area.

I'm editing the Title of your thread so's to attract attention......

Inspite being a Photoshop Forum, we do have a few COREL Draw users among our PS freelance designers here. If any of them can assist you, they are required to post in this thread before they can contact you via PM.

Re: Need Assistance to repair X4 Files or troubleshoot transfer to X7 Issue.

As this is not covered in our price list of services, this is open to negotiation between you and responding freelancer.

If it's OK with you, it might help if you could post a sample of one such corrupted file so someone can take an initial crack at it and determine what needs to be done.

I hope you find someone who could help you out.

Re: Need Assistance to repair COREL DRAW X4 Files or troubleshoot transfer to X7 Issu

Anyone have any idea how to attach a file here, my God, this should not be so difficult!!

Re: Need Assistance to repair COREL DRAW X4 Files or troubleshoot transfer to X7 Issu

Are you uploading a CDR file or a zip?

In Quick Reply , click the tree icon....

Upload01.jpg

In Insert Image, select From Computer, click Browse and search your folders for the file.

Upload 02.jpg

Click UPLOAD FILES.... If it's a zip or CDR file, you might get an error message. Just click OK , wait a few moments and click POST REPLY. Your attachement will appear in your post.

Thanks, but no luck with that... trying .cdr.... can do zip too, but won't accept either. Can't believe anything with CorelDraw seems so difficult!

A zipped file is better as I don't think cdr's can't be uploaded. How big is the file? It may be well over the acceptable size limit - 31MB for zips.

PM Sent...

There has been no response from the OP or any activity since 12-22-2014, subsequently I am closing it. If it needs to be re-opened for any reason, please notify any moderator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back