What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

need photos sorted for to put on canvas

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_elite

looking for someone to sort a few photos so as I can put them on to canvas for my wife as the 2 dogs died last year and would be a amazing birthday gift for her as she misses them everyday any help would be greatful and whilling to pay a price thanks I can email photos if easier please pm me thanks probs take yous no log at all

Tom Mann

Guru
Hi "Elete" - I'm sorry to hear about your dogs. Can furnish a few more details on what you mean by "sort a few photos". I'm a literal guy, and when someone says, "sort", I immediately think, "alphabetically", "chronologically", etc., LOL. What exactly do you mean?

Also, please be sure to review our guidelines for freelance work:

Instructions for posting a Freelance Job

Minimum Pricing Guidelines

PSG freelancers must have been members of the Photoshop Gurus forum for 30 days or longer, and have a minimum of 30 posts in order to respond to buyers request in this section.

To all Visitors ... Please deal with QUALIFIED PSG FREELANCERS ONLY.

Thanks for coming to PSG with your request.

Cheers,

Tom M

the_elite

Thanks tom I have some photos that need pixelated to higher resolution so I can get put on to canvas and look great and not distorted I have photoshop masters collection but just don't know how to use it tbh so need someone to do it
I understand all the rules thanks Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom Mann

Guru
Thanks for the quick response. Increasing the resolution of an image, in the common use of the term, is not really possible. One can increase the pixels per inch, one can increase the sharpness or local contrast, but one never actually increases the information content of the image, which is what most lay people mean by resolution (eg, how many hairs can you see on the dog, LOL).

It's a subtle business trying to do something like this and I suspect that a lot of members will be hesitant to undertake something like this unless they can first see the sort of problems they might be facing. Would it be possible for you to post an example starting image?

Cheers,

Tom M

the_elite

Tbh if they could be sharpened
That might do to put on canvas
Tom I'm just new to this site and I could post the pics and see if anyone could see if they could tackle it [emoji106]

Tom Mann

Guru
Unfortunately, I'm driging a car at the moment and cant answer fully, but yes, post them in this thread. Just start a new post and attach one or two. I'll be back in 4 or 5 hours.

T

the_elite

pics for canvas

here is a few pics thanks

Attachments

• photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    275.1 KB · Views: 4
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    193.6 KB · Views: 29
  • photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    134.7 KB · Views: 3
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    183 KB · Views: 5

Tom Mann

Guru
@the_elete - Hey, thanks for posting those example pix.

You should be aware that printing on canvas just sucks up detail in images, so you would likely need files that are at least 3000 or 4000 pixels on the long dimension to get nice sharp, decent sized canvas prints. Since the ones you posted are, at most, several hundred pixels on either side, and artificially up-rez'ing doesn't generate any new information, these are going to come out either very soft or, if artificially up-rez'ed / sharpened, they will clearly look "artificial".

Maybe, because these are memory / memorial pix, being soft is not a big deal, but if you want them sharp, check to see if these are the largest size you have, ie, the largest pixel dimensions? At such small pixel dimensions, even making a nice sharp 4" x 6" drug store print from these would be getting questionable. If they are scans of old prints, then, I would suggest looking for the negatives and having those scanned, or, if digital, mounting a search for the original digital files, or, failing that, re-scanning the prints at a higher ppi value (aka, "resolution").

Also, FYI, printing on canvas can be difficult, I *strongly* suggest getting some smaller test canvas prints made before you commit to purchasing large canvas prints.

I would also suggest that because the backgrounds in all of these pix is busy and sharp, you have whomever is doing these for you to use effects to draw attention towards the actual subject(s) and away from the background. Below is a 2 minute example of one of the zillions of possible ways to do this, including both lightening or darkening the background, lowering contrast and/or saturation of the bkgnd, vignette and other edge efx, etc.

HTH,

Tom M

Attachments

• photo_2-tjm01-acr-ps02a_600px_plus_borders-01.jpg
    photo_2-tjm01-acr-ps02a_600px_plus_borders-01.jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 20

the_elite

That's great Tom thanks got someone to do them I'll put one on to canvas to see how it is at leas it's saying good image instead of bad poor image when I load the pic on canvas thank you for all your support very much appreciated awesome forum

[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks Seaco.

I will close the thread now. the_elite , if you need for this thread to be reopened, please contact a moderator.

If at all possible, please leave a REVIEW here, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.