What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Custom characterd based background $35

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Mann

Guru
Re: $35 for a custom characterd based background(example given) - By Wednesday if pos

Hi Tech -

I just approved your attachments.

The images you supplied for those two characters are tiny. If you need them scaled up to the same pixel dimensions as the example you provided, it could take a fair amount of work unless you are willing to sacrifice quality. There are semi-automatic methods to do this, but whether or not they are acceptable to you, only you can say. In other words, be prepared to discuss the pixel dimensions you actually need, and possibly negotiate a rate higher than what you specified.

Best of luck,

Tom M

TechMansoor

Re: $35 for a custom characterd based background(example given) - By Wednesday if pos

Hi Tech -

I just approved your attachments.

The images you supplied for those two characters are tiny. If you need them scaled up to the same pixel dimensions as the example you provided, it could take a fair amount of work unless you are willing to sacrifice quality. There are semi-automatic methods to do this, but whether or not they are acceptable to you, only you can say. In other words, be prepared to discuss the pixel dimensions you actually need, and possibly negotiate a rate higher than what you specified.

Best of luck,

Tom M

Thank you sir. I can expand the budget for this project slightly. The biggest thing is that these characters as of right now, don't need to be the greatest of quality, just identifiable similar to the background example.

Tom Mann

Guru

You've got to be at least a bit quantitative and give us some more info.

For example, how will they be viewed, on a monitor, or on a billboard? If you can't come up with pixel dimensions, what size will they be on the screen, a little thumbnail or will they take up most of the screen? If they are to be printed, at what distance will the print be viewed?

If you are not more specific, there's a good chance you are going to be very disappointed with what you get.

Tom M

TechMansoor

The image needs to be exactly: 1,920px × 1,080px
They will be viewed on a site in which the site will be responsive.

I assumed saying a background very similar but with the exception of the characters facing the opposite way would have been specific enough. Indeed the characters need to fit the molding of those dimensions similar to the background above. They, the characters, essentially need to fit the exact same dimensions as above while facing the inwardly instead of outwardly.

Tom Mann

Guru

Thanks for clarifying the details. Hopefully, someone will be along and take care of you.

With respect to your statement, "I assumed saying ... very similar ...would have been specific enough...", you should see some of the requests we get. They'll say "very similar" and forget to say that they want the image with 10x larger, pixel dimensions, or some other quirk. LOL.

Anyway, don't forget to give people time to respond. Everyone is in a different time zone, and lots of people are away on school / summer vacations.

Good luck.

Tom M

Hybrus

hello there.

TechMansoor

Thanks a bunch Tom for your insight as it is valuable indeed.

Hybrid, is this a project you can handle?

Hybrus

Maybe I'll pass this time ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.