What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for help to isolate elements in a photographed piece of art.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emersson

Hi everyone,

I've got a pretty layered piece of art and looking for someone with OCD like pen-tool skills to carve it out and slice + isolate a number of elements in the piece. The turnaround is a bit tight as I'm looking for someone to who'd be able to do it in the next few days.

I'd look to compensate well above the minimum fees for someone that exhibits a high degree of craftsmanship as I'll be looking for pixel perfection, the work will eventually be for a branded content campaign online.

Happy to preview the piece upon being contacted.

Thanks!
Emersson

Tom Mann

Guru
Hi Emersson -

Welcome to the fee-for-service section of PhotoshopGurus.com. If you haven't done so already, please read the FAQ thread for posting jobs. Also, be aware that we have members scattered all over the globe, so it is the middle of the night for some of them right now -- be patient.

A suggestion: The description of the job that you have posted thusfar leaves quite a bit to the imagination, and that is guaranteed to make some extremely cautious members (like myself) hesitate to respond because they don't really have a good idea of what they might be getting into. For example, when you say "layered", I presume you mean in some sense other than the file contains Photoshop layers. If so, what exactly do you mean? For example, perhaps you have taken photographs of the different components of your project and want them cut out to so you can make a composite from them. OTOH, maybe you mean something entirely different, but prospective responders really do need a bit more to go on.

Another common ambiguity in job postings is the quality of the material we are given to work with. For example if the material you have available is a slightly out of focus photo or photos, it's much more difficult (and costly) to get good edge blends than if it is sharp at the pixel level.

I realize that you probably don't want to publicly display the work at this time, but perhaps you could crop out a small, representative section and post that, as well as elaborating on things like overall pixel dimensions, the need for good color management, etc., so that potential responders can get a good idea of what they will be dealing with.

HTH, and good luck on finding what you are looking for.

Tom Mann

Last edited:

MrToM

Guru
...guaranteed to make some more conscientious members hesitate to respond...
So what are trying to say Mr Mann?

That I'm not?

Thanks for the glowing reference....very helpful.

MrToM.

Tom Mann

Guru
NOT AT ALL !!!!

Let me make it crystal clear: Mr.ToM is a great, talented, highly knowledgeable photoshoppper and a respected, regular participant here. He's one of our very best.

However, I know that other folks, myself included, would never respond, at least in the business world, to what amounts to a request for proposals until they have a lot more info than what was first stated in this thread. No disrespect was intended, it is just a matter of working / business style.

Tom M

PS - BTW, MrToM, I didn't see your post till after I posted mine. We were typing at the same time.

Emersson

Hey Tom,

Appreciate the feedback, all your points are very clear and make total sense. Was very much leaning on piquing interest and then revealing the art piece as it makes clear sense once someone sees it.

To answer your questions:

The art piece is a dimensional piece, a paper sculpture that is layered but the digital file is a flat very very high-res, in sharp focus photograph of the piece. I'm looking for someone to isolate (cut out, path out, etc.) various elements within the piece in which I'm looking to piece the art back together in "digital" layers in order to manipulate it digitally....

-Em

MrToM

Guru
...Mr.ToM is a great, talented, highly knowledgeable photoshoppper and a respected, regular participant here. He's one of our very best...
Hmmmm....ok, you're back on my Christmas card list....just. :rofl:

Regards.
MrToM.

Tom Mann

Guru
MrToM - After re-reading the posts in the order in which they appeared, I can certainly see how my attempt at typing while doing 3 other things was a flop. Just to ensure my Christmas card is coming and don't annoy anyone else, I changed "...more conscientious..." to the borderline self-derogatory, "...extremely cautious...". Hopefully that better conveys my meaning. Again, sorry about that!
Emersson - Thanks! That clears up a lot! One more question: Is/are the photo(s) essentially 2D planar views, eg, like an aerial photo of the ground, or taken at an oblique angle so that if things are moved around, issues of changes in apparent light direction and quality enter?

Cheers,

Tom M

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Job has been completed by MrToM.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.