What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

URGENT: Flyer for Low-Income High School Event - $50

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlazerFalcon

Hello,

1) General Info
I'm in need of a flyer for a low-income high school that's hosting a college admissions representative from Northwestern University next Monday, September 28. Given how soon the event is, we need this as soon as possible - ideally Tuesday or Wednesday at the absolute latest. For what it's worth, my organization specifically targets low-income, underrepresented students in an attempt to get them to college. We partner with 15 schools in Dallas, Texas, and one of our schools will be hosting Northwestern next Monday. That said, we have plenty of college visits every year from a ton of schools, so there is certainly the possibility of continual business from us by having slight tweaks made to the current flyer I'm requesting (e.g., changes in color scheme, updating date/time/location info, and switching out logos of visiting universities).

2) Design Wants

Structural/Format - Below is what I'm looking for in terms of the overall structure of the flyer (replace party chick with NU logo, tho)
http://orig12.deviantart.net/55c6/f...r_psd_template_by_addictedtolucid-d5bwz7c.jpg

Aesthetic:
http://blog.uprinting.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/uv-party-flyer.jpg
http://designmodo.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Club-Party-Flyers-Design-35.jpg

^
The blog.uprinting link has more of the Northwestern color palette going on and seems like it'd be nice as a background. However, the designmodo link is much more legible and really pops. Perhaps a nice balance could be found between the two? Northwestern's colors are purple and white primarily, though they use their fair share of black and silver/gray as a complementary color. Again, the blog.uprinting image utilizes their color palette pretty well.

3) Information to go on Flyer

1. In reference to the orig12.deviantart link - the structural/format example - the text at the very top can be replaced with "The Academic Success Program Presents..."

2. Replace party chick image with Northwestern University logo (the one with the 'N' and the wildcat).

3. Instead of "Back 2 School" in huge text, replace with "Northwestern University Admissions Visit". It may look better if "Admissions Visit" is on a separate line, underneath NU.

4. Time/Date/Location Information = Monday, September 28, 2015 @ 7 PM. South Oak Cliff Auditorium. ASP Only.

5. Sign Up Online at www.aspdallas.org/northwestern

Since kids are supposed to sign up in advance, please try to make that part stand out a little extra somehow. I'll defer to you, as a designer, of how to do so.

4) Time Frame

Since this event is next Monday, September 28, 2015, we need this as soon as possible. Ideally, by Tuesday or Wednesday at the absolute latest.

5) Payment

Paypal. I'm already set up there and can make payment quickly and easily.
------------------------

Please let me know if there's any other information you need. Since I need this so quickly, I'll obviously be checking this thread frequently. I hope to receive someone's help so we can draw more kids to our event and get them interested in one of the country's best universities!

Thanks,
BF

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello Blazer. In all honesty, I think for the amount of work you require within a time constraint, $10.00 is a ridiculously low offer. You may want to give this some more consideration.

Tom Mann

Guru
I'm not sure what constitutes a lot of work and what doesn't. Is $20 fair? $30?
My guess is that your project will take at least 2 hours of someone's time ... probably much more if you factor in all the communication that's always involved in such projects. Around this area, $10 for 2 hours work is less than what untrained, minimum wage people who work in McDonalds receive.

This post lists suggested minimum payment amounts for different projects. These rates are a lot less than rates in the real world. For example, note that a business card, which usually is a lot simpler than a flyer comes in at $50. The same thread also gives very useful information to those posting requests for work. If you haven't done so already, you should look it over.

Tom M

BlazerFalcon

Alrighty.

Well, if either of y'all could edit my OP title and change $10 to $50, that'd be great. For PSers reading this thread, though, keep in mind we'd like to periodically come back to you for edits to this flyer for future events. Consequently, it should be an easy way to make a few quick bucks in the future.

Tom Mann

Guru
... if either of y'all could edit my OP title and change $10 to $50, that'd be great...
As per your request, I just edited the title to change the dollar amount from $10 to $50.

Also, to make one thing clear, to avoid even an appearance of conflict of interest, (eg, I suggest raising the price and then I jump in to do the work.), I do not participate in freelance work through PSG.

A couple of final comments:

(a) You should only deal with forum participants who have met our minimum requirements for freelance work. This is easy to spot because these individuals will have the "qualified to freelance" badge below their names - qualified_to_freelance_badge.jpg .

(b) Everyone who is interested in helping you must post in this thread;

(c) You will receive a watermarked version of their final version. The watermark will be removed on receipt of payment.

(d) Please announce (in this thread) when the work is done.

Thank you, and good luck with your project (and event), Blazer! It sounds like a very worthwhile cause.

Cheers,

Tom M

DoTTGaMMa

If Mr.Tom is not already working on the request, I will assist you.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.