What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to this and I need some wedding photos edited

Status
Not open for further replies.

melly

Hi! I'm new here and don't know what I'm doing.

I shot some wedding pictures in full sunlight and kinda messed up on them. They basically just need the lighting adjusted. I'm wondering though about the cost?

After seeing the pictures would you be able to tell me what it would cost? And would I be able to see a sample b4 paying????

This is just one of them.I have a couple others.

Thanks Mel!

Attachments

• b.jpg
    b.jpg
    428.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

MrToM

Guru
Hi melly,

It would be beneficial to see at least a sample size of an image so that members can ascertain if the job is even possible and if so whether it's within their skill level.

Interested members will post here first before contacting you.

Regards.
MrToM.

gohan2091

Power User
I do this sort of thing all the time and highly experienced. I would need to see the photos first and know how many need doing and just how bad they are. If I could do them, we can discuss cost and I could show you examples before payment. I am waiting for the image to be approved but feel free to email me or PM me if you would like to chat in private.

EDIT: OK I see the photo now. Do you have these in RAW format rather than JPEG? This is important to know.

Moderator's edit: Private email addresses should not be posted publicly. I removed it.

Last edited by a moderator:

gohan2091

Power User
I don't mean to critise you but why would you shoot a Wedding and not shoot in RAW? Are you aware why RAW is better for editing than JPEG? The sky and highlights on the faces and clothing are blown out (overexposed) meaning that colour and tone information is lost. Shooting in RAW saves much more information for greater editing ability and recovery. It may not have helped here but I would be able to do a lot more with a RAW file than JPEG. Even if you shoot in RAW, you can save the images in JPEG afterwards, there is really no excuse.

To be honest, the blown highlights don't look too bad, I would leave it as it is. The photo can be improved in other ways though which I could help with.

melly

I didn't really want to do this wedding,but a friend was running out of options, so I did it. I'm not used to shooting in raw. could u give me an example of what would do. I did edit it some,and it doesn't look bad.i js wanted to know if it has more potential.

gohan2091

Power User
Shooting in RAW is exactly the same as JPEG, all that is different is the file type. Instead of transferring JPEG's to your computer, you would be transferring RAW files (which are larger in filesize but contain much more information). You are really not helping yourself shooting non-RAW. I will have a go at editing this photo but I don't think I can do anything with the highlights.

EDIT: This is likely the most I can do with it which isn't much. General enhancements (May have gone overboard with the sky!) with a bit of sharpening. The original image isn't too bad, I'm sure the family will be happy.

Comparison.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.