What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Architecture photo fix (Help make the sky better 2.0) $30 by Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeall

Looking for someone to remake the photo below that was made in the free section here so that it is big enough to blow up to at least 36" x 24".

I had a "guy with a camera" Come to my girlfriends apartment to take pictures of her view. She has to move out and is very sentimental about the place so id like to blow up a photo for her to have to remember it by. He took a ton of pics but couldn't come up with a good end result. I have access to all of the RAW photos on Google Drive. I had some GREAT results from the free section here but all of the results were too small to blow up... Can someone make a photo very similar to this one but large enough for me to blow up to at least 36" x 24" with the photos on my google drive? Let me know and i will PM you the link.

Awesome too small.jpg

Tom Mann

Guru
So that anyone interested in this project knows a bit of its history, this project first came to our attention in one of our non-fee-for-service forums. Several of us helped produce the very small image that Blake posted in this fee-for-service thread. I (partially) straightened out the verticals in (I think) Sam's version and told Blake that if he wanted a higher rez version with full correction of perspective distortion that was suitable to be enlarged to wall mural size, he would likely need someone to re-stitch all the component photos together, assuming that they were available and appropriate.

The component photos were indeed available, and a few days ago, he gave me access to what appears to be a subset of those that the photographer took.. Unfortunately, they are a bit of a jumble with respect to angular overlap and exposure: murky foregrounds and blown skies. Even though they were NEFs, on the few that I looked at, the dynamic range of the scene was just too large to try to recover the blown highlights while brightening the foreground buildings.

Unfortunately, it turned out that immediately after I looked at these images on his drive, I got hit again with much more photographic work from my biggest client, and this is going to continue for the next couple of weeks until the client's event is over. So, I couldn't help Blake out within the time frame that he needs., and have PM'ed him about this.

Tom M

Status
Not open for further replies.