What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Image Re-colouring/Retouching Request needed for Scientific Paper - Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dyssonance

Hi all,

I need a re-colouring/re-touching modification of images from 2 Figures attached here which I'm going to use for PhD thesis (for science!). I'll try my best to explain it clearly.

Basically, we are not allowed to directly copy images/figures from other papers and must create our own even if cited. Common practice in theses figures is to write that the image was cited from so and so, but modified. I have a template used from another student in my lab but I need the images to be modified and re-coloured so that it's not a blatant copy. It is an image he created and has allowed me to use.

There are two files that are attached: 1) Heart tube and 2) Heart formation. In the heart formation picture, I need Figures A to D to be removed, and replaced with the A-D figures from the Heart Tube file.

Those new A-D figures from the Heart Tube image need to be resized to be the same size as the other figures in Heart Formation.

I need all of the images to be slightly re-coloured. You can use different shades of the same colours used, but it just needs to be noticeably different from the original in terms of colouring, so that I can write that this figure was modified from original, with a citation of the original authors.

The final image, once put together, needs to be enlarged to take up ~1/2 a page.

Let me know if this is possible. We can discuss more if this sounds confusing. Also, I'm not sure what the cost of this would be but I am flexible with my budget. This is super important to me so I am willing to pay for good work.

I don't have PayPal but I do have E-Transfer. This is my first time posting here, so please forgive me if my request is not possible or there's something wrong with my post (I read the FAQ).

Thanks!

Attachments

• Heart formation.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 9
  • Heart tube.pdf
    285.2 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Argos

Guru
here it's my attemtp, the colours are easy to change it if you wanna another combination, even can do it yourself moving a slide bar on each layer if you want.

Heart formation2.jpg

Cheers!

Dyssonance

here it's my attemtp, the colours are easy to change it if you wanna another combination, even can do it yourself moving a slide bar on each layer if you want.

View attachment 74681

Cheers!

Hi Argos, thanks for the quick response! It looks great. Can you change a few minor things?

1) At the top of figure A, can you label it with "E6.5". Similarly, B = "E7, C = "E7.5", and D = "E8.5"

2) Also, can you move Figure E down to the bottom row so the top has A-D, and the bottom has E-H? You can make the E-H figures bigger so the width is greater than A-D, since the pictures are more complex so taking up more space would be fine. So you would end up with 2 rows of Figures.

3) In Figures A-D, I forgot to say that the areas that are now blue, need to remain some shade of RED. Could you change that?

Hope that makes sense!

Thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.