What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Logo needed

reeksy86

Hi All,

I am asking for some advice and guidance on a new project i am working on, and as you are always willing to help, i though i would use your services again!

A New town team is being set up in my town (Caldicot) and we need to produce logos, and designs for lamp post banners etc.

The team is very keen for a professional looking logo and design, but dont really have any ideas on what sort of thing to produce.

We have a few feature points in the area, A castle, The Severn Bridges, for example, but we also want to turn the focus onto the town centre, as that is what the town team is based on.

Does anyone have any ideas of integrating any or all of these options into a logo, that will make it stand out, but also keep a professional image?

Also, we are willing to pay for design, however as we are a town team, and we are working for the community, any monies that we have are ideally spent on the town, rather than on logos and banner design. What sort of cost do you think we should be looking to pay for this?

All advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Here's a design I came up with. I think it would be difficult to have a logo image representation of a town centre. So I went with the Severn Bridge and the castle. This design does carry the PSG price tag though. Like I said, if your still willing to pay, then I need to move this to the correct section where other freelancers can have a crack at the wipe.

Caldicotlogo_zpsacdbf3a4.png

CaldicotlogoBW_zps6931622e.png

Reeksys, I hope you will remember to reply to us when you have a satisfactory result or even if you don't. Last time you requested logo help for a town realty organization, you never answered with much in the way of feedback, nor even answered the last question posed to you. I hope you will remember to follow up with us this time.

Yeah if you could move it that will be great, we are looking to pay, or at the very least make a contribution for your generosity.

Ideally, after speaking with the commuter we are looking for 5 or 6 designs, of varying themes.

There is a lake at the castle, maybe a design with that incorporated as well?

All designs will be forwarded to the team, for a final sayso on which one to go for.

Thanks

So you are paying for 5-6 different themed logos?

Or you will choose one from all the different designs.

Sorry, not very clear, we will be choosing one design, the team ideally want 5 or 6 designs to choose from. If we use any more obviously we will credit the person involved.

@ibclare Thank you for reminding me that I had the other post active, but seemed to abandon, I have today updated it with an explanation of why I have not responded. I genuinely appreciate your help and input on my posts.

No problem reeksys. You are obviously a member who asks for guidance, not just for us to do it for you. We all like and respect that.

@inks I like the design of your logo, would we be able to change the font, ideally a more modern type face if possible? Could you also add 'Town Team' to the Caldicot?

I see your point about using the town centre as an image, one thing that may be an idea to use in a design is an Inge of 'the cross' its a memorial statue. I'll try and get a pic and upload it for you all to see.

I am not sure if the town team would want colours incorporated within a logo, I am due to see them Monday or Tuesday so hopefully I will have a better idea of what they want exactly. (I will try and do a brainstorm with the team)

They have asked for 5 or 6 designs, of which 1 will be chosen to be used on any following documentation or banners, ads, etc.

I am keeping up with all the activity, an will be feeding back any advice or ideas that are put forward.

Here are a couple of pics of the cross if anyone thinks it will help. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375386427.473633.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375386443.635474.jpg

Ahh ok... A town team is a community group, made up of local businesses, landlords of business premises, the local council and residents that have a link to the town. The town team is a non-for-profit organisation that is put together to help fund regeneration ideas, practical and emotive, making the area more accessible or raising the profile of the town so new and 'big' name businesses may move into the area. It also is trying to make the own centre more appealing to the general public. This includes anything and everything from installation of litter bins and seating, to craft fairs, market days, special rate dispensation for new businesses opening up, council intervention to help combat current issues, policing and community issues and a whole lot more in between.

I don't really know what the equivalent would be in the USA.

Yeah, it's very similar to that, in fact, the new town team is kind off taking on from them, as that was wound up when a lot of businesses closed down, more focused on the public's needs rather than the business needs (in our town, anyway)

I like the 4th and the last fonts, the last one i think may fit well with the original logo, because the font looks almost celtic, fitting with the castle.

I also really like the last logo, As the memorial statue is located actually in the town centre, i think it picks up on that focus point, i have already printed a copy to show the team, The logos are simple, but very effective for the local area, Good thinking! see, thats why i use you guys!!

Hi reeksys, I deleted the post you saw with my logos because the attachment manager wouldn't take my edit. So I've reloaded the logos. Not sure which one you preferred. Would you like the font substituted with the 4th one on that version? (once you say which one!)

Inkz, if you experiment with Celtic fonts, the one I used in the demo above is called, you won't believe, Stonehenge, lol.

Thats ok, dont worry about substituting the fonts, no need to make any more work for yourself, i will put the fonts to the team first, and then report back.

Out of the most recent set of logos (memorial statue) I prefer the first one, mainly because the actual memorial statue is black, i think it is more in-keeping, and the font makes it a little softer, compared to the block capital one.

Back