What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

changing backgrounds

foggyten

Hi, i have two pictures, one of myself and the other of a landscape that i wanna use as a background. can we do this and the final result would look real ? what is the the rough cost for such job ? and can i send you the picturs using my email ? thanks

Foggyten, give me your email addy in a PM then you can send me the pictures. I'll see what I think of the work involved. If you like my ideas, we can discuss a budget. Depending on the complexity of what you need replaced, it doesn't seem to me that it should cost you a lot. But of course I need to see them to give you any idea.

OK, I think we have settled on an image. I made 2 versions, one sharpened which I don't care for as it shifts the color to a high key in some areas, over brightening them, so I made my best version at the resolution you provided. Please discuss the budget with me, we can negotiate a cost acceptable to both of us, and once your payment has come in as we agreed upon, I will send both of them to you. Thank you for the work. I hope you are pleased with the results.

I will post the picture here if you would like to hear critique from other expert Photoshoppers, so you can get an opinion of the job and how well I accomplished it.

Amira, we have had many exchanges via PM, and I heard from you till we talked dollars. You offered $10 for over an hours' work, with revisions and attempts to improve the low resolution aw you wished. Once I told you that a bit more than $10 was expected, if you had read the guidelines you would realize. I also said I would accept lower than the amount we suggested.

Since that time, I have not heard from you. In case anyone wonders why this took awhile, here is the original photo, followed by the final.

CYMERA_20140416_110009.jpg
amira.jpg

$10 seriously, i think photoshop is perceived as magic. One wave of the wand and its done.

Hasn't she got big feet...ANYWAY, clare what you did is what was probably asked for - sadly of late so many want something for nothing (not that we mind) but if they just rocked up and talked honestly about what they want and what they want to pay OR NOT we would all be wiser.

I guess that these situations are unavoidable. Expecting a fee less than that of our minimums set in our price list is obnoxious. Failing to honor a verbal business agreement even more so. Hopefully there is a plausible explanation as to why the Op has not replied.

Guess I should have been more clear about what I expected right up front, so it was maybe more than partially that this misunderstanding occurred. Nevertheless, I agree with Abdul, no magic wand in PS, just hard and decent work, taking more than ten minutes. Oh vey!

Back