What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Employee of the Month project [Budget: Unknown]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tristen Shaw

Hey guys,

I work at a local convenience store, and my manager wants to start up an employee of the month program.

Since he knows I've dabbled in graphics, I got the assignment of working on how to display 12 photos. One for each month of the year.

I'm coming to you guys because, lets face it, you guys are awesome and have some wonderful ideas.

I'm hoping to come up with something that isn't just your average board with a bunch of photos tacked to it under some text.

The board is about 22.25" x 34.25" with a 1" border.

I have no idea what a project like this would cost, so feel free to let me know.

Thank you guys, I really appreciate any help you can offer!

Hi, Tristen. I'm sure you know how to walk the walk here.... lol.

Convenience Store.... Anything you can say about the store's interior? Where will the board be displayed? Details that will inspire ideas to whoever responds .....

lol actually I'm ashamed to say I never thought of that, I'm sorry.

I don't have any pictures of my store at the moment, I'll take some pictures tonight at work. But my store is a chain and most of them look very similar to each other so here are a couple of similar stores, but it's hard to find an image of the interior.

Outside: http://www.fhalexander.com/uploads/pp_40_Unknown-Stewarts-1.jpg
Inside: http://media.dailygazette.com/img/photos/2011/02/16/STEWARTS3_OUTLOOK_BJS_JMC_.jpg

Our stores interior is very similar to that one, our tile isn't the same but most of the color scheme and such is all the same.

I'll see if I can get a picture of where he wants the board posted tonight.

Are there items that your store likes to promote or wants the employees to push a bit? Something that might get used as an employee incentive drive each month. I worked a place once that had a board indicating the sales of a specific manufacturer or item the company wanted to focus on each month. So can you describe what each of the 12 are. Eventually you will need to provide these or have us use a place saver for the printer to change each photo. Still, you will likely want the border or surrounding area of the photos to have a cohesiveness that could apply to every month's picture.

Just a bit more info would help.

I am interested in the project and I think a number of members will be.

One of the first things I have found necessary to discuss with clients is the budget and how flexible this is regarding changes to be made, so many revisions and what complexity these are/how much time they will entail to make these edits.

As to your first question, there aren't any products specifically.

From what I understand they are looking at things like going above and beyond in areas like helping out when needed, covering co-workers shift, setting up the next shift well, keeping the place running smooth, etc etc. . .

Now I certainly understand your concerns on budget, I have no idea what this project is worth and I'm sure that given the circumstances it could easily become as expensive as anything lol.

That being said, most of this will be on my own dime. He will be able to put me down for a couple hours or so for the work, which is only like $20. After that I do have to be careful about how high I go on cost.

Granted I do have a little bit of time before this is to be implemented, so I can perhaps save a little aside for a couple weeks. But it would be helpful to know a realistic idea of what this kind of work would be worth to you guys.

I'm going to assume that we aren't going to go for world class quality because I wont have the money for extreme detail and tons of revisions.

OK, that gives me a good idea and I think we, speaking only for myself actually, can do this on a limited budget. I like tto think that we can bend to the extent of a commercial need. I have done work for dot orgs or (here in the US) 501(c)3's, for nothing because they are non-profits, usually with low budgets (though that's not always the case so I take it on a one by one case basis).

Normally how we figure a budget, or once again speaking for myself, is to guess ahead of time based on the simple or complex product we envision, how much work that will require and how much we wish to make on this overall, including a specified number of revisions, and how difficult those may be (for example, changing a font color or text is simple, whereas rearranging or transforming images can involve more time).

So with each member who states on this thread that they are interested, you can discuss the project via PM. Please note that our rules request that all freelancers state their interest in public, and we ask that you don't deal with anyone who won't do that. Also, we have a rule which states that our freelance members must be trusted by the forum and this requires that they have at least 30 days membership and at least 30 postings. Once we get to know someone better, we can hope that they will back our promise to you to be one of our trusted. This protects you in case of disputes.

One more question: the dimensions you gave. Is the one inch border intended to be within the poster's image space of 22.25 X 34.25?
two more that is: Is the poster vertical or horizontal?

I have an idea. I sent you a PM. It is not the only idea you have to consider, but before anyone starts, they should bounce some of these off you.

The boards border is outside of the dimensions that I gave and it could be verticle or horizontal I would imagine. It's basically just a standard corkboard.

And thank you so much for your interest and assistance! :) You guys here really are great!

I'm officially showing my interest in ibclares project.

I'd like to thank everyone for interest and thoughts! As usual this forum has proved itself to be a truly friendly, helpful, and talented group of people. :)

Thanks Tristen, Here is the project to date, in smaller size and lower resolution than the poster will be of course.
We are just waiting for the customer service pictures to complete the three photographs on the poster.

Stewarts-sm-pink.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back