What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Image edit request (I'm prepared to pay for it)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kate659

Hello,

I'm an amateur photographer and did a photoshoot for a friend.
I used a colored background (1 color) but I now want to change that background to white.

I already tried myself with Photoshop and as you Photoshop experts definitely know, changing most of the background is very easy but it's not that easy to do it in such a way that the 'borders' of the person look natural :rolleyes:

I'm looking here for someone who is good in this (so definitely no Photoshop amateur) and who's willing to do this for me. I'm prepared to pay a small fee (via Paypal) for it because I want it to be perfect.

I'm talking about 6 photos.
Please note that I don't want the background color to be changed everywhere to 100% white, the (small) shadows of the background (like in the corners of the photo) and the little 'gradient' in the background have to stay so it looks more natural.

If you are very experienced in this and if you are interested in this small job, please let me know.

Thanks a lot in advance,
Kate

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Thanks for bringing your needs here, Kate.

Our freelancers will be here to answer your offer. They are required to post in this thread to show their interest. Please go through Rules for PSG Freelancers to know more about them. And for more info regarding our services - Instructions for Posting a Freelance Job (please read this first) .

Please deal with qualified PSG freelancers only. Do not entertain Private Massage offers from unqualified individuals or members who do not post in this thread.

Do you have an intended budget for this?

Kate659

Thanks for your replies.

I'm not sure about the budget... I still think that what I'm asking is an easy job for someone who is very experienced with Photoshop.
So I was thinking about $5 per photo or so?

Tom Mann

Guru
Kate, a suggestion: Look at the large numbers of extensive discussions on the topic of making good selections around hair both on this forum and throughout the web, and see if you still think that a good job should take only 5-10 minutes per image (at any reasonable hourly rate). For me, that's barely enough time to download your image, open it, look it over, and correspond with you, let alone do the actual work.

Tom

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Thanks for your replies.

I'm not sure about the budget... I still think that what I'm asking is an easy job for someone who is very experienced with Photoshop.
So I was thinking about $5 per photo or so?

Although there is a minimum charge even for minor edits at $15.00 per image, someone here may agree to take your offer as this is subject to final agreement between you and freelancer.

But your requirement may not be as easy as you perceive it to be - professionally done or not. And may well depend on the pictures subject for edit - the more complex it is, the more time and skill or ingenuity the digital artist has to put into it. The question remains as to whether the job is worth the compensation vs the time and effort exerted to get it done.

In any event, be prepared to raise your budget if the need arise.

Kate659

I understand that my requirement may not be as easy as I perceive it to be.
$5 per photo might be too low, especially because I want to receive a good quality result.

If you are interested, please contact me and then we can get into this in more detail.

Thanks

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
I'm not speaking for myself alone..... I speak in behalf of all freelancers here and in-line with the guidelines in place.

Like I said, it's up to your negotiation with whoever contacts you. Please don't feel offended if the freelancers voice their opinion that your offer isn't acceptable and that you may need to raise your budget.

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
Why not post the photos as low res screenshots and then members can make a logical decision ?

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
OK. but what happens if you don't get the job? Not saying you won't, but just raising the question. Does sending an email give one priority over others?
I've sent Kate an email hours ago but haven't had a reply yet. I'm not asking for much more than what Kate has proposed to pay.

Tom Mann

Guru
Why not post the photos as low res screenshots and then members can make a logical decision ?
Actually, a high resolution (ie, 1:1) of the boundary of the hair with the background would be much more useful. There's a big difference in amount of work required between a high resolution sharp image where each hair throughout the boundary region is several pixels wide, sharp, and contrasts well with the background tone and color vs an image where some of these qualities are missing.

T

Hoogle

Guru
Well To be honest the idea of the rule being respond in thread and post your example was so that the OP could decide who they prefer to take on the job if everyone has an idea of the work involved and then post a sample all based on the same image then this would be far easier for the OP to see who works to their style and who doesnt.

There will always be people able to do the job for money that others just wont entertain. I personally have $2000 - $5000 worth of software to buy every 18 months how many $5 images will I have to edit before I break even just on software alone, not to mention hardware, training time and effort, experience or knowledge.

The OP may not want to post images publicly but should always provide a similar image even if just from google and then let people have a go and post their results or they can just send 1 person an image via email and hope for the best.

ibclare

Queen Bee
My input is that $15 should be a starting point; after that a lower rate for a bunch of pics may well be acceptable. For instnace, if you have 3 pics: 15, 10, 5. If you have 10 pics, 15, 10, 5, 5 and so on. But of course, that is for you to negotiate with the freelancer of your choice. You might post a photo for a bunch of us to edit and post back with our watermark. Thatcanbe a good way to choose whom you want to do the job.

At any reate, almost all of us can please you and meet your expectations.

ibclare

Queen Bee
Sending a PM does not guarantee the job. That is why I suggest posting one to see some results. Our only requirement is that you post your interest in the thread to keep it aboveboard and for us to be sure opur client doesn't get someone doing the work who had no responsibilty to follow guidelines and not rip her off.

OK. but what happens if you don't get the job? Not saying you won't, but just raising the question. Does sending an email give one priority over others?

Bonedog

i agree, previews of the photos would be helpful for us to see what we would be up against =)

hawkeye

Guru
Just so everyone is aware, I picked this up from another site yesterday, and have completed the work.

Status
Not open for further replies.