What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need Photo To Be Fixed

Status
Not open for further replies.

R100

Hi everyone,

I have a photo of my father's childhood home, which was demolished a few years ago. It's the only existing photo of the house. The problem is that this photo is a mash-up of several photos that my uncle cut up and put together. My father is old and quite sick, as cliche as it sounds, and this is something I really want to present to him.

My request is to have the photo made to look normal, in that no lines or strange/crooked parts are evident. I understand this is not a quick job and am willing to pay accordingly.

Thank you for your time. I have read the freelancing guidelines, and look forward to hearing from you.

hawkeye

Guru
I'd be interested in seeing what you have and what can be done with it. I'm intrigued you might say...

I'll send you a PM with my email.

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
With the great Hawkeye on the case, may not be any use in looking, but I would also have interest in this. I will also send you a PM with my e-mail and I would appreciate your sending it.

R100

Ok, I've attached the photo.

1- I'm completely okay with gurus taking artistic liberties where they see fit. I don't expect the photo to look 100% like the photos of which it is a composite. If you want to add effects or remove things, feel free to do so. If you want to make this more of a filtered/painting picture, that's fine also. Of course, I would prefer the look of a photo, though.

2- If you can, please remove the sign that says "Girls." The home was used as a shelter when the photo was taken, hence the sign.

3- The fence in the front can be removed, as it's out of place.

4- "Cleaning up" the house would be greatly appreciated. The removal of marks and dirt on the house would be nice.

Thanks again for your consideration.

Attachments

• Scan.jpeg
    Scan.jpeg
    1,020.5 KB · Views: 16

R100

Also, I would appreciate any signs with writing to be removed or covered. Thanks.

R100

I should also mention that
6- The very far left side of the photo can be cut out, which shows part of another building.
7- I would like more of the right side to be "created." If you could extend the brick fence a bit and the blue sky, so there is more on the right side.
Thanks again.

ibclare

Queen Bee
Thanks for posting the image. The adjustments will take some work, so don't think of this as a quick edit. It isn't quite exactly. There are a lot of things, none difficult, but time consuming to a certain degree. But it can be a lot better photo with the right skill used. I think you have a good eye for composition and are very clear on what you need done. A big thank you for that.

ALB68

You are correct My Queen. This bad boy has got lots of crooks and turns in it from perspective to power lines. This is a really good PS exercise. Working on it off and on since this morning.
Thanks for posting the image. The adjustments will take some work, so don't think of this as a quick edit. It isn't quite exactly. There are a lot of things, none difficult, but time consuming to a certain degree. But it can be a lot better photo with the right skill used. I think you have a good eye for composition and are very clear on what you need done. A big thank you for that.

R100

It's reassuring to know that gurus are taking this project into consideration.

Thanks again for your replies.

Tom Mann

Guru
At the risk of stating the obvious, and recognizing that it was destroyed "a few" years ago, knowing its exact address, have you tried to look for better images of it using tools such as Tin Eye, (very long shot) Google Street view, local archives/museums, etc.?

Tom

R100

Tom Mann, it wouldn't be found on any of those sites. It was demolished well over a decade ago.

By the way, ALB68 took the job on and did a great job.

Just want to give him a big thanks and I appreciate the replies to this thread.

Mods, you may close this thread and/or delete any pics as you see fit.

Thanks again.

ALB68

Pleasure working for you Ron..thanks for the work!
Tom Mann, it wouldn't be found on any of those sites. It was demolished well over a decade ago.

By the way, ALB68 took the job on and did a great job.

Just want to give him a big thanks and I appreciate the replies to this thread.

Mods, you may close this thread and/or delete any pics as you see fit.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.