What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photo Manipulation, Por Favor?

Alisha Medusa

Hello. It's the LOTR's fan girl again.... If you haven't already seen my prior post about having a new self portrait every month, you may view that here: http://www.photoshopgurus.com/forum/before-after-showroom/44523-my-seasonal-self-portrait.html

This month (for no reason in particular) I wanted to create myself as a Elf.

This was the original picture:
2mfxi7k.jpg

This is my edited picture:
wgux38.jpg

Something about it is not quite right (at all).... Originally I had thought the picture had the traits of being an elf-like photo, but now I feel vise versa.

If anyone wants to help inspire me to finish this, or finish it for me------ PLEASE DO SO.

Image Ideas:
I was thinking I need a braid next to my ear (but I don't know how to do that....)
Obviously my bathroom isn't the best Elven background. (It would be nice to have it feel a TAD realistic)

HELP? :cry:

colleague

Guru
it's a beautiful photo and I like what you did with it
maybe put the elf in a forrest ?

elf lotr.jpg

I opened the photo in ACR and lowered the local contrast
put the forest in after selection with the pen and used some hair-brushes
searched for braid on google and blended in with "blend if" and masked the edges

ibclare

Queen Bee
I like the lip color on the example dv8 posted (that's Arwen btw). There is something that is just too alike the original and I feel like it ought to go deeper. Maybe smooth the forehead and the lips so there are no lines at all. I would definitely change the eye color and lip color. Consider recoloring the brows too. I like the idea of some facial tattoo but not too elaborate. And may add an earring to match the hair comb jewelry, or some ear clips, studs, something like that along the edge of the ear. Possibly even more translucent, porcelain skin.

Correction: dv8 tells me that's Willow, a Renderosity Fantasy Girl! Who looks like Arwen . . . I win!

Last edited:

ibclare

Queen Bee
I gave it a whirl, starting from colleague's very cool version. Thanks colleague! :mrgreen:

elf.jpg

screen shot of before and after:
elf.PNG

I thought that the apprehensive look didn't go with my idea of the "serene elf" - not that elves can't worry I suppose! - so I smoothed the forehead to soften the expression.

Last edited:

Alisha Medusa

I was trying to go for a "true to life" effect, but I think your interpretation is lovely! Also---- Elves only have grayish blue eyes. (If we're going by Tolkien). It always inspires me when I see others interpretations!

Alisha Medusa

You are an artist! Thank you so much! I do not know what ACR is, but you did such excellence!!

May I work off of your edit if I credit you on my FB?

Alisha Medusa

I have searched the definition of the forehead tiara thingy, and come forth with results!

It is called a "Circlet". :naughty:

colleague

Guru
yes alisha , that's ok

(ACR is adobe camera raw convertor , if you have photoshop , you can open adobe bridge
and with a rightclick on the photo choose to open it in ACR with lot's of possibilities to enhance the photo)

iDad

Guru
What she said was

Image Ideas:
I was thinking I need a braid next to my ear (but I don't know how to do that....)
Obviously my bathroom isn't the best Elven background. (It would be nice to have it feel a TAD realistic)

iDad, I have taken out your reference to the no longer viewable above post as it is one I have deleted. The manipulation was appropriate for Avatar Wars, but bordered on flaming/trolling behaviour for this very fun and lovely thread. No reason to chance insulting our elven friend. Clare

Last edited by a moderator: