What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tattoo quote help needed

Bruster01

I would like to get the following quote tattooed on my ribs. I am a guy so I want it to look manly and not all cursive and script-ish.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.

any ideas would be much appreciated. It will be going on my left ribs on the side between hip and armpit. I was thinking maybe something creative like shaping the quote to look like a bird or plane maybe. I don't know, that's why I'm here. Thanks in advance for your help!

Ps please keep keep this to help with the design. I don't need any advice about how tattoos are bad or your opinion about whether or not you like the quote etc. thanks!

Inkz

Guru
Would a tattooist be the best person to ask for advice?

A tattooist will have lettering at hand. If your asking us to create custom lettering from one of us, it's a huge task.

iDad

Guru
yep a whole 3 minutes.:mrgreen:
heres an ideaidea4u.gif

Hoogle

Guru
from what I gather many tattoo places have the tools to scan any image and print it on transfer paper of some sort and then they trace it on there, free hand tattoo's seem to becoming a lost art

hawkeye

Guru
It seems to me that going to an actual tattoo artist would be the best approach.

Paul

Former Member
from what I gather many tattoo places have the tools to scan any image and print it on transfer paper of some sort and then they trace it on there, free hand tattoo's seem to becoming a lost art

Indeed H tattooists use thermol stencil paper to act as the transfer paper it's a bit like carbon paper, but really good artists do the freehand when the image required to fit say an arm needs to flow along muscle lines and bones etc, it gives the art realism and movement.
At the OP go to a reputable studio.

MikeMc

McGuru
I would like to get the following quote tattooed on my ribs. I am a guy so I want it to look manly and not all cursive and script-ish.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.

any ideas would be much appreciated. It will be going on my left ribs on the side between hip and armpit. I was thinking maybe something creative like shaping the quote to look like a bird or plane maybe. I don't know, that's why I'm here. Thanks in advance for your help!

Ps please keep keep this to help with the design. I don't need any advice about how tattoos are bad or your opinion about whether or not you like the quote etc. thanks!

I have a full arm piece with letters at the top. I have dragons, koi, griffons, and other creatures... other arm is biker stuff All "manly" My advice...:runaway:

SO ..what you want to write out will be so small, that in 10 years the letters will run together. The artist that did mine used well known fonts, sharp crisp lines, healed in 12 days (she is that damn good!)...and 6 years later is starting to get fuzzy.the letters are 1/2 tall and on the top of my shoulder, so little skin sag, and no sunburn. I hate to think what a "book" would look like

Do what you wish, just remember you will age, whats is it going to look like then ?