What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Fair Beard PLEASE!

Hey there I've just started learning how to use photoshop, and I was wondering how would I look with a complete beard, I just can't make it look natural. I don't want a super-beard I just want to fill the patchy beard I own.
(Sorry for any grammar mistake, English is not my native language)

Tanks by the way...

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1384386525247.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1384386525247.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 9

Hoogle

Guru
for you to learn best it would be better if you uploaded your attempts and the process you went through to achieve it, we can then direct you better from there.

Paul

Former Member
Clone stamp you try it upload what you get then we can go from there maybe?

iDad

Guru
If you want to simulate a beard just to see what it looks like use this paintbrush setting, it will do a fairly decent job , for reference. clone stamp works probably better but this is a quick draw on solution

preset brushes.png

Clone Stamp? How do you use it? As I said I've just started learning a week ago... :/ I've already tried the paintbrush, it just doesn't seem that natural...

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Hmmm it looks like it takes a lot of practice to master it, I'll give it a try :) thanks Paul.

If it doesn't take a lot of time, can somebody show me how it is supposed to look when it is finished?, so I can have a model to follow :) Thanks again for the help!

iDad

Guru
Dude I hate to burst your bubble but from the looks of it you'll never have a decent beard:rolleyes: don't try to fake it

Lol I'm not trying to fake I'm just kinda curious of how it looks, and I will my whole family has beard and in fact I'm the only one that started shaving before 20 thanks for the help :) I'll do my best!

MikeMc

McGuru
I will suggest to google "hair brushes for CS6" I found some here on PSG forum

SomethingDesign

Here some beard and mustache I borrowed it from this guy I hope he does't mind :) I used Warp transform masks and regular soft brush to match it. To preserve the image quality convert the beard to smart objects first. I did't convert it and that's why it's a bit blurry.
View attachment 39043
View attachment 39044

Attachments

• beard.jpg
    beard.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 7
  • beardSide.jpg
    beardSide.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Paul

Former Member
Pity you couldn't upload them for us to be the judges of that mate.

Next week I'll ask for some help of my teacher and I'm gonna redo this one and I'll do another, I will upload them so you can tell me what you think. :)