What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New changes in photoshop

iDad

Guru
This is a how to use photoshop not an adobe program updates, your best bet is to ask adobe.com

prd

what a question !!!, i am going to kill myself lol!!!!, anyway wt ps you are using.

iDad

Guru
After you're done killing yourself, would you please not tell us about it, next time. I don't want that on my conscience lol

Steve

Retired Administrator
What's new is you can no longer buy the stand alone program or upgrade on disc and and upgrade when you want.
I upgraded every other version for $199 every two years or $99.50 a year.

Now you buy a monthly or yearly license for Photoshop CC starting at $19.99 a month or $240 a year.
This may be a great deal for those that need to run the newest most current suites of Adobe product but for the rest of us it's a choice between never upgrading again or doubling, tripling or quadrupling the cost of staying current.

Cost Comparison

Couldn't agree more with the above statement, plus Cs6 is still available to own in the usual way for what I understand to be a limited time.

Just to answer you in a different way, you can now use photoshop raw as a filter, for if you have lost or never had the raw file for an image, along with adding a couple of new functions to raw for example how it straightens an image, which is the only really impressive thing they have added to photoshop. Most of the other new stuff seems pointless to me.

Last edited:

MikeMc

McGuru
After looking at Steves link I am starting a slow burn...pure GREED..in the name of "progress" ?