What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question about posts requirement

peta62

Guru
Hello,
I do not want to bother anyone, I just want to ask what is the reason behind that five or six posts limit for some actions a user can do ? Because I still see people register and write five totally useless comments to posts they see first and then post what they intended from the beginning. Wouldn't lifting of this restriction decrease these "dummy" posts ?
Thank you,
Peter

Steve

Retired Administrator
The intent of the requirement is to discourage spammers from posting spam links.
Spammers only need 1 post for that and aren't likely to leave 5 dummy posts although it happens.

Honest users with questions can post an image on their very first post, it's in the rules.
Whatever image they have questions about can be downloaded to their computer and uploaded to PSG.

peta62

Guru
Steve thank you and sorry. You have proven I do not know rules the same way as new posters do not. They also often think they need five posts to attach their picture.
Thank you for your time and explanation.

peta62

Guru
Hey that's OK.
Most people don't read the rules, unfortunately.

I did but forgot parts thinking I would never need these particular things. You know there is too much to remember in life and brain capacity is restricted :banghead:

peta62

Guru
I still think there must be something wrong with the rules, people read them when they know about the five posts rule, but apply it wrong. I would say at least two cases daily, then you get things like ( nothing against particular poster, just one of many examples ) :
whatIsee.jpg

The restrictions of minimum posts is to discourage spammers from posting spam links.
Spammers only need 1 post for that and aren't likely to leave 5 dummy posts although it happens.

MackOG

I've tried to post a question and I referred to a guide online where it is explained. I lost my whole post because of this. Not so amusing, lol :)

Btw: in the PM I got when subscribing there are some links not working "announcement doesn't exist" or sth like that.