What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Texture Section?

Vetoed

Not even a section maybe a sub section of another section or even just a thread that would be stickied somewhere. It would be great for the community to share the textures they have come across that others maybe haven't. The textures would be split into different categories based on their style for example noise, grunge, metal, scratches etc etc.

As you all know textures can make or break a graphics piece and I think that everyone would benefit from this section/sub-section/stickied thread.

Thoughts? and I'm sorry if there is already something for this I didnt see it

ibclare

Queen Bee
No, you're right, there's no place for that. We can't add anotehr forum unless one gets deleted. At least that is my understanding. It might be a cool thing to have a forum section for free gifts. We have lots of those posts, brushes, images, and so on. So far they go into the general PS board. I could make a stickie thread in the design forum maybe. The stickies in the general are too many and therefore cumbersome for adding another.

Vee and I talked about this. We could start a sticky thread in the off-topic section and people can put in random image posts or zips. Maybe we can change one of the PS resource sections to include other useful tools. I'll bring it up with staff.

Last edited:

Vetoed

Good to here. I think textures could be added to the Brushes section. I would see textures being far more useful than brushes tbh

Vetoed

No, you're right, there's no place for that. We can't add anotehr forum unless one gets deleted. At least that is my understanding. It might be a cool thing to have a forum section for free gifts. We have lots of those posts, brushes, images, and so on. So far they go into the general PS board. I could make a stickie thread in the design forum maybe. The stickies in the general are too many and therefore cumbersome for adding another.

Vee and I talked about this. We could start a sticky thread in the off-topic section and people can put in random image posts or zips. Maybe we can change one of the PS resource sections to include other useful tools. I'll bring it up with staff.

Any more developments with this?

ibclare

Queen Bee
Yes actually, just nothing done yet; so sorry. Steve agreed that we could make the brushes section Brushes & Textures.

After the holidays, we'll have to add the Christmas gift texture gifts, but you should have the honor of starting the first texture thread Vetoed!

Vetoed

Yes actually, just nothing done yet; so sorry. Steve agreed that we could make the brushes section Brushes & Textures.

After the holidays, we'll have to add the Christmas gift texture gifts, but you should have the honor of starting the first texture thread Vetoed!

Thanks, just give me the green light when the time comes. I've collected quite a bit of textures since I've started that hopefully will come in use for everyone. I know they helped me a lot lol