What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

new look doesn't like lower resolutions

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
I'm not feeling in a very technical mood today, as you can tell.

I've just had to install windows 8.1 while I still had a free license on dreamspark (it's actually not bad) and when I looked on this site it's all changed, n' stuff. anyway, because the OS defaults to 1024x768 on fresh installs, the site's banner and ad placement is really bad on this resolution, obviously people seldom use this res anymore, but it would make a big difference if it was low resolution friendly, certainly seeing as I visit the site on my phone which doesn't have a particularly high res screen either (I refuse to use that darn tapatalk app)

just letting you know, feel free to move this or whatever.

Thanks,
Zee

P.S not digging the tag cloud, but I've always had a particular dislike to those things.

Hoogle

Guru
this is more an issue with your login I believe, you need to go to theme selector and choose metro fluid and then it seems to fix itself.

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
danke freund, all done now. need to figure out how to do that on my phone...
need to plug in the old/new monitor anyway, this one is so tiny o.o

Last edited:

admin

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
A mobile theme will be added after we are finished working on the current themes.

inkpad.t

Guru
One thing that happens when I log in is that the words Photoshop Gurus and community forum drop down and are overlap over the nav bar underneath it. that's on chrome .

Hoogle

Guru
inkpad.t all you need to do is scroll down to the bottom of the page and select Metro Fluid in the theme selector and you will be fixed.

People who were logged in at the time of default theme being set will have this issue, failing that under settings choose your default theme to be Metro Fluid

inkpad.t

Guru
Thanks Hoogle... that works... except it happens every time i log in... do i have to change the settings to fluid every time i log in ?...

Hoogle

Guru
if you go into your profile you should be able to set your own default theme under settings