What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "Back" Button is Hijacked by Facebook

Rich54

Guru
After reading a given PSG Forum thread, I click the "Back" button on my browser (Internet Explorer 9) to get back to the list of thread topics. But perhaps 70% of the time a single click doesn't work. Instead, I need to double-click the back button in order to avoid browsing history that mysteriously appears labeled "Facebook.com/connect/ping". It's so annoying, especially given the fact that I don't even have a Facebook account. Anybody know whether this is just an issue with my browser settings, or if it's an issue with the PSG website?

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
I don't think its an issue with the website as I can't reproduce your problem on my end and no one has reported a problem like this before.

Is it only today you experienced this? It could be an issue with your browser. Log out, delete your IE cache, log back in. Then see if it happens again.....

MrToM

Guru
Depending on your OS I'd also update IE to whatever the latest version is....I think its 11?

Once sorted I'd then download either Firefox, (Never had a problem with PSG on it), or Chrome, (Some people here have had issues with PSG on Chrome) or even Opera, (Never used it), and use one of those instead.

Not many people use IE as a browser.

Regards.
MrTom.

Rich54

Guru
Thanks all for the replies. During the day I'm at work where I browse PSG if I have a few minutes of downtime, so here at the office I don't have the ability to update to a more current browser or change too many settings. But I also have IE at home, so I'll check tonight to see if does the same thing there.

Regarding "what forum theme style" am I using? I'm not sure what that means or where that setting is located. I simply access the website and then I usually select "Today's Posts".

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Thanks all for the replies. During the day I'm at work where I browse PSG if I have a few minutes of downtime, so here at the office I don't have the ability to update to a more current browser or change too many settings. But I also have IE at home, so I'll check tonight to see if does the same thing there.

Regarding "what forum theme style" am I using? I'm not sure what that means or where that setting is located. I simply access the website and then I usually select "Today's Posts".

Forum Styles is a drop down field way down at the footer on the right ... (Quick Style Chooser) ....

In case it doesn't show anything when you click it, go to your profile's General Settings and scroll down to Forum Skin. Select the Style you want and Save the changes. From there on, the quick style should show properly regardless what forum page your at.....

Hoogle

Guru
It is more likely to be the outdated browser not being able to read the plugins used on this site properly. In this case it is picking up the connect with Facebook plugin, as it is 1 of the first scripts to load.