What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I don't know about you but

iDad

Guru
When I'm heading anywhere, falling snow does not entice me to arrive there to soon.a daily snow storm here is getting obnoxious, happy new year.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I agree!

I asked dv8 about that yesterday, he said that it was on Steve 's list of things to do!

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
It has a tendency to cause issues when I'm on my Kindle, the browser just locks up and it's only since this snow stuff has been on the forum. It looks nice though, if a little distracting.

MrToM

Guru
As nice as it is I had to kill it as soon as it started falling......a little 'Snowplough' script in Greasemonkey did the trick.

Sorry to whoever thought it a good idea......but for me it had to go.

Regards.
MrTom.

PS....likewise to a certain 'flashing' avatar too....my apologies to the owner but it too was just too annoying.

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
PS....likewise to a certain 'flashing' avatar too....my apologies to the owner but it too was just too annoying.
I campaigned (unsuccessfully) to have avatars that were too flashy in terms of gifs used in moderation, they are highly annoying.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I have had several PM's asking me to talk to Tom Mann about removing his avatar................I tell them to contact Tom himself. LOL!!! I don't know if they ever did.

@MrTom can you provide a link to the script you used to stop the snow fall effect?

@admin is there anyway that you can make an option for members to be able to turn off the snow?

MrToM

Guru
No worries.

This works in Firefox with 'Greasemonkey' extension installed and on a Windows system.
I have not tested this in anything other than Firefox with Greasemonkey on a Windows system.

Code:
// ==UserScript==
// [USER=27726]Name[/USER]                Snowplough
// [USER=27726]Name[/USER]space        mrtom.psg.snowplough
// @include            [url]https://www.photoshopgurus.com/*[/url]
// [USER=111695]mat[/USER]ch                [url]https://www.photoshopgurus.com/*[/url]
// @run-at                document-start
// ==/UserScript==

document.addEventListener ("readystatechange", FireWhenReady, true);

function FireWhenReady () {
    this.fired  = this.fired || false;

if (    document.readyState != "uninitialized" &&  document.readyState != "loading" &&  ! this.fired) {
        this.fired = true;

document.body.onload  = function () {
            console.log ("body onload intercepted.");
        };
    }
}

The comments at the start need to remain as they are not 'just' comments....they are valid script.

There is no way to 'import' the script into Greasemonkey via a file but you can use code in the clipboard so....
Select and Copy all the code above.
Select 'New User Script' from Greasemonkey, give it a name, ("Snowplough" seemed appropriate to me), and click on 'Use Script From Clipboard' at the bottom of the New User Script Window.
The code should auto paste into the window....from here you can save it but I think it auto saves it anyway.

The location of the file when saved is:
C:\Users\< username >\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\< firefox profile >\gm_scripts

Saving the code as a javascript .js file in the gm_scripts folder DOES NOT WORK...you need to go through the above motions.

You will probably have to close and re-open Firefox for the script to take effect....and make sure Greasemonkey is Enabled!

If anyone wants the code for the 'flashy' avatar I can supply that too.
EDIT: It doesn't require 'Stylish'....its also a Greasemonkey script.

Regards.
MrTom.

HERE is a MediaFire link to the code....it may be best to copy the code from it rather than the forum....just in case the formatting gets screwed up.

Last edited:

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Guy's , I understand how much snow can get into your nerves. But only admin has the controls to it. It'll take a while as he has to get through that snowfield to get here.

I wonder what you guys will think if I use my old sig pic again.... :devilish: