What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to change white to black

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mihai_alexandru

How can you change a white shirt to a black shirt in Photoshop? Do you use hue/saturation?

mozartdminor

This is a bit of a sticky problem, which I admit I haven't come across before. If I were you though, I'd try to select the parts of the shirt you want to change then hit ctrl+j to make it it's own layer. Image->adjustments->black&white and put all the sliders at black. If that isn't dark enough, follow it up with image->adjustments->brightness/contrast and pull the brightness slider down until it works (repeat this step as necessary).

this'll probably require some tweaking, but it should at least get you close.

mozartdminor

I thought about that mfox, but if there are any shadows on the shirt (as there very likely will be) inverting the color might throw things off.

edit: it could do something like this:
20060718-great%20white%20shirt.jpg

20060718-greatwhiteshirtcopy.jpg

Last edited:

Wojcek

Desaturate, then follow screenshot (fiddle with the settings):

2zqet7o.jpg

Tons of other ways to do this with different results, but I have not much time show them.

jams002

maybe you research into the internet then find how to duplicate an color of black and white

Sherihan

If you want to tern black in to white and white in to black in an image, select the image-->Layers tab-->cllick on the fourth icon from the menu in bottom --> click on invert

New Picture (2).jpg

before:-

Gwallpapers_03.jpg

after:-

Gwallpapers_07573.jpg

Attachments

• New Picture (2).bmp
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Status
Not open for further replies.