What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanna change background colour of my photo -- to white -- for passport use

bb2010

Got friend with super professional digicamera to take photo of me -- head to shoulders - but problem is the background colour is very dark grey. I want to change it to white.

I'm a total noob to PS (obviously) - can somebody please give me clear, easy to follow instructions, because YouTube's vids are for intermediates and I just cannot follow them -- too fast paced.

Thanks in advance.

iDad is on the right path but imho the first thing you need to do is start with the basics and get familiar with the tools in Photoshop if even the basics or all the videos in the world won't help...

Tutvid has some really comprehensive, easy to follow tutorials on Photoshop. I really do suggest you get familiar with the tools first, then advance to techniques...

This is a good start here...

hawkeye

Guru
There are many ways to do it, and the best or easiest way will depend on the image itself. You need to post the picture here, that will make it much easier to advise you properly.