What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help resizing Photoshop project!?

leland_7

Help resizing Photoshop project!?

I am creating a business banner. I used the wrong dimensions (although it was fairly large) instead of the 4' x 8' that I was supposed to use. I have my original PS file with all my layers. How can I bring those layers over to my new 4' x 8' project so I can work on sizing and aligning everything?

Thanks so much!

I'm using PS CS5 extended.

Steve

Retired Administrator
You can use Image size Alt+Ctrl+I, uncheck Constrain Proportions and enter the dimensions in inches.
Adjust the Bicubic settings to smooth or sharp depending if you enlarging or shrinking.

Vector

The amount of times I've re-done a piece and there was a solution as simple as this. Never even attempted to check whether it was possible, duh. This will surely come in use, cheers.

AxnAkshan

Banned
However, you will notice that there is a fair amount of quality loss, even while shrinking. But for small prints, it won't be much visible.

~Sidefx™

Wow, I've just been using the resize tool, and wandering why I was losing so much quality.

Thanks so much for the help :D