What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oblique Rectangle...

Windows7

Power User
Hey guys,

I have next problem and that is that i want to make a oblique rectangle just like on next image:

41785_23586201573_3799468_n.jpg

This is what i made:

MMA LOGO!!!!!.jpg

Btw:how do i get the white box invisible of the one i made????I don't understand it because i made it on a transparent layer... :s

Windows7

Power User
what you are looking for is this:

1. Photoshop transform --> skew

Adobe Photoshop CS5 * Transform freely

2. To save a file whit transparency save it as .PNG "Most used file format that support transparency"

Saving a File with Transparent Background | Photoshop Basics
also
Adobe Photoshop CS5 * Save a file in PNG format
Thank you very much man it worked great and here is the result:

MMA LOGO!!!!!.jpg

I'm overall satisfied only except for the gradient glass effect:i chose the rectangular tool to make a rectangular but to make the corners rounded i used feather with "8 pixels" but this was the result.. :eek:k,the corners are rounded but i'm not satisfied of the glass effect.. :s

iDad

Guru
use the transform to to angle the glass effect layer and angle it the same as rest of image

Windows7

Power User
I have another question and that is.. :now i made a good left and right side different coloured and i skewed it like i want it but what IF i want to make a diagonal different coloured sides??????

Like on next image:

Diagonal.jpg

I didn't know how to make a diagonal side but i just used the pen tool to create it.

So do you understand what i mean?

So i want to make the left side white and the other side of the diagonal i want to make black?

you are in the right path

Pen Tool, Shapes & Custom shapes

this guide will help you whit the pen tool. By the way pen tool is a powerful tool very useful.

Photoshop Pen Tool Guide | Tutorial9

And for the shapes overlapping, overlaying, make sure to put each shape in separate layes so you can work independently in between shapes "color,gradients, and pattern fills"

Also a reminder on working whit layers

Working with Layers in Photoshop | Tutorial9

Good luck and have fun.

Windows7

Power User
you are in the right path

Pen Tool, Shapes & Custom shapes

this guide will help you whit the pen tool. By the way pen tool is a powerful tool very useful.

Photoshop Pen Tool Guide | Tutorial9

And for the shapes overlapping, overlaying, make sure to put each shape in separate layes so you can work independently in between shapes "color,gradients, and pattern fills"

Also a reminder on working whit layers

Working with Layers in Photoshop | Tutorial9

Good luck and have fun.

Hey man,

Thank you very much but i have a problem and that is that one shape is bigger then the other even that i closed pixels and normally it must not be.

Here's an image:

Untitled-1.png
You see what i mean?The white is not good.. but i have my diagonal :)

Windows7

Power User
i can see what your problem is.

You need to use the ruler tool and some guide lines "object to snap guidelines",

Then you will be able to align and measure shapes, text or object.

There's also a quick basic tutorial here:

photoshop tutorial- Rulers, Measure tool, Guides, & Grids

Hey man thank you but the best way and the easiest for me is to work and create diagonal shapes with the pen tool and working with the grids.. i tried with the rulers and stuff but just couldn't figure it out how it works to get my result.. :frown::frown::frown:

With pen tool you can create what you want and then put all the layers in one group and you can move and do with them what you want but i have another problem and that is that i created the shape but i want to make the corners rounded how can i do it.

Here is my best result:

Vierkant.jpg

And another problem is that i used here a new project of 500x500 but like you see the left white side outside the rectangular is smaller then the right side of it.. i want to use a size that i can nicely put the rectangular or something else PERFECT in the middle.. what is a good size?

Windows7

Power User
Ok finally i found it and i got a diagonal with great rounded corners!!!!

Untitled-2.png

CASE CLOSED!!!!!:)