What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

80's Movie Posters

Hell All...I would like to know if there is any way using photosop that I can achieve that look of almost all of the 80's movie posters...I'll attach an example...I would love to get this look for some of my renders...:)

Attachments

• dolls_ver2.jpg
    dolls_ver2.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 7
Yes...I guess you could say that...most of the 80's movie posters were drawn...but I can not draw so I use renders and I would like to get that drawn effect...I know that there are plenty of plug-ins but I have not seen one that can give me that drawn effect I'm looking for...If I could get a tutorial to get that look I would be happy...

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
I don't have that much picture to painting/drawing tutes I can pont you to... but here's 2 you might find of interest... and start you on your way...

Photoshop Photo To Drawing - DTG
From Photo to Drawing Photoshop tutorial

With these tutes, I went one step further by combining the original and finished drawing conversion.... original on top of the drawing and played with the top layers modes and opacities. I came up with a more solid drawing picture to work with....

But hang on... I'm sure there are others here with a few tricks up their sleeves.....