What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with project?

SeniorS

Guru
I don't know, looks good.
maybe
1. add shadows or something like that to MARVEL and CAPCON to make them more "grounded" in picture.
2. those black block under X-box and PS3 looks uncool...cut them out maybe.

iDad

Guru
you obviously know what your doing tell the teacher to stick it where the sun don't shine ......Artistic expression is an individuals taste that'll pass in my class.lol
you asked for suggestions tell her iDad said that:rofl::rofl:

SeniorS

Guru
LoL nice one :)

But still i don't agree 100% to it. There is many options.
For example you really want to learn something from teacher then listen to him. But there is many of them who's asking for brick and a kick for their attitude to students. In that case of course iDad's advice fits perfectly.

In other case you can litlle rephrase that "sticking...
If you where good students and listen carefully and used lessons which teachers gaved then just say that your job look perfect from the point of skills level which you (teacher) gaved (or so - my eglish is at level - "i speak english a little"). You get a point.
And i assume you pay for that lesson so....

Or be more philosophy and say that after spending a night in watching your image and hours of meditacion you understud that "perfection doesn't have representation" ... say "ommmm" turn around and go away :D (or hit his head with stick and then say "ommmm" - even better :rofl:

P.S. After all phrase about that picture could be improved are true ... because "perfection doesn't have representation".
P.P.S. Sorry i know it will not help much but it's about 2am here and my brain is "dead".

Steve

Retired Administrator
Did you ask the instructor what he/she meant by too busy?
Is the instructor willing to point to this or that as an example?

Good or not, too busy or not, is just 1 persons opinion so I understand iDad completely but if the instructor has something valuable to teach you as SeniorS mentioned a little direction is appropriate.

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
I don't know what teacher means but it looks good to me. I agree with the others . Art is one's interpretation .

Unless he meant there were too many elements. I find the story telling within the design OK but in a teacher's eye he may see it differently.

It would help you considerably tho if he were more specific in pointing out what's wrong. They're suppose to guide and not add on to the confusion a student goes through.

Carrie56

Power User
Please don't take this as an insult I think the work is good but it is lacking one focal point. There is large text and a picture of earth? also there are several characters on the piece but nothing stands out and perhaps that is what the instructor means as too busy. Also I did notice come of the characters blend with the piece quite well while others the red one in particular looks like it is cut and pasted onto the piece. Perhaps you could use some blending techniques with smudging, filters and shadows. A good teacher will be more specific if you ask so ask and good luck.