What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

change black hair to any other colour

aruna1

Hi
can someone point me or instruct me on how to change black hair to any other colur like green red etc.
I was able to change colour of lighter colur hair but failed to do so with black hair,
I'm using photoshop CS5
thank you

illmnxmaiev04

I have done this before and I will tell you it is very fun to do. Just select the magic wand tool and highlight the hair, then click on the "Hue/Saturation" then "Colorize", and manipulate the color according to your desire

aruna1

I have done this before and I will tell you it is very fun to do. Just select the magic wand tool and highlight the hair, then click on the "Hue/Saturation" then "Colorize", and manipulate the color according to your desire
hi t doesnt work. black colour doesnt change.
i think its too dark so photoshop fails.

iDad

Guru
try inverting then add color to that

Carrie56

Power User
In the layers pallet try using different blending modes after you make your changes you might be able to achieve a more natural look that way.

iDad

Guru
I like that Steve...........Nice treatment

marice952468

just try to use gradient to make the blond black and adjust the capacity so it will look natural...