What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Really hot day effect

opus

Hi all,
Well i am not really new to Photoshop but i can't say i am an expert... just an amateur user.
I am trying to create a hot day effect over a picture (see attached image) what i am aiming for is creating the same effect like when you look on the horizon above a fire or when looking to the horizon over a hot road.... I hop i succeeded to explain myself ;).

please help

Attachments

• Desert2.jpg
    Desert2.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 18

rasoN

Simply go to layer>new adjustment layer>photo filter and adjust the color and intensity like you want :D

rasoN

no my mistake , you can always duplicate the layer , set it to overlay , delete unwanted parts, and go to filter>distort>warp and adjust the settings like you want :D

opus

Thank rasoN,
im no sure you understood what i am aiming for.... i attached a before and after photo i downloaded for the web.

Thanks

wave.jpgwaveF.jpg

Paul

Former Member
Might not be as much effect as your after but you can try it yourself now, i used the glass effect and did a couple of layer passes to give it a warmer look. There are other ways but i did it this way.:)

Attachments

• Desert2.png
    Desert2.png
    319.6 KB · Views: 12

opus

Might not be as much effect as your after but you can try it yourself now, i used the glass effect and did a couple of layer passes to give it a warmer look. There are other ways but i did it this way.:)

Thanks, i will use this if i cant find another option i am looking for a really dramatic heat wave effect... i attache another pic, i am looking for the air look behind the plane.
Heatwave1.jpg

TerryC

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Friend
Try the Filter "ripple" And adjust accordingly. BTW, Belial, your sky looks refreshing, nothing heated about it. :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: