What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Want to do simple task, but is Photoshop the right tool?

dwilbank

Hi.
I swear I went through the entire Photoshop Classroom In A Book (many years ago) but I still don't know the answer to this one.

I want to drag jpgs into my screen, and then

1. have each jpg create a new LAYER instead of creating a totally new tab (I'm on CS 4)
2. have the canvas size auto-expand to encompass the entirety of whatever I do on screen - like an "expand to fit to layers" command...

Possible?

Thanks

TheBlueAsset

Open adobe bridge, select your jpgs (either ctrl click each of them or shift select) and go to "Tools => Photoshop => Load Files into Photoshop Layers" this will achieve the effect that your asking for

TheBlueAsset

the "portable" aka pirated version, may not include adobe bridge, i suggest you to download the 30 days trial from adobe site to get bridge

dwilbank

ok thx

I've got scans of a book pages - each scan is a half-page, and I need to reassemble them into whole page images.

Maybe there's some smart panorama-assembly software that will match edges for me and auto-expand the canvas to fit the result.

SeniorS

Guru
PS got good panorama building function but don't think it will work good on two half of white paper. All that softs compares images for equal (more or less) area and magicly join them. With two white sides that will not posible (my assuming).
Anyway try it yourself. Go File/Automate/Photomerge...

dwilbank

sir
I...
it...
it worked!
probably because there was enough graphic and overlapping content.

Thanks!
I would have gone hunting for some other panorama app!

dwilbank

so when I merge 16 chunks and get 8 whole images, can I extract the completed images out into separate files without resorting to the crop tool and a lot of cutting and pasting?