What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I put text over an image / make a caption bubble

luffy28

Hi,

I want to know how to put text over an image / make a caption bubble.

Like putting text on top of an image. And making a caption bubble like a comic book.

I'm using Photoshop CS5.

Thanx.

Hoogle

Guru
easiest way I have found is to download a custom set of speech bubble brushes Speech bubbles brushes by *stardixa on deviantART this will get you started then load up the brush preset and use it like a paint brush 1 click will do 1 speech bubble and you can adjust the size using the square bracket keys and the just add a text layer on top here is 1 example I have made to show a prush but seriously there are hundreds out there
View attachment 4710

TerryC

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Friend
Hey luffy28, I totally understand your excitement about working with Photoshop and your desire to accomplish all the creative thoughts in your head. But I really believe your not doing yourself justice by expecting us to explain every detail on what you want to do. I googled "Basic CS5 Photoshop knowledge" and came up with this: https://wiki.csuchico.edu/confluence/display/help/Adobe+Photoshop+CS5+Part+1

Read it and study it so you will at least have the basic knowledge of why things do what they do. We love your enthusiasm. :cool2: :yourock:

Here is another good place I found: http://tutorialsfreephotoshop.com/

Last edited:

ruthlessone_uk

I am a beginner... well, probably a bit on from absolute beginner... but I use Photoshop Tutorials - Where Anyone Can Learn Photoshop for tutorials. It is absolutely the most concise and free teaching site I have come across. I love it because the guy teaches you not only what to do to achieve an effect but also why you do it, very good for me as I like to understand the whys ;-). He has also built a pretty comprehensive "learning the basics section". Very highly recommended.

luffy28

Hey luffy28, I totally understand your excitement about working with Photoshop and your desire to accomplish all the creative thoughts in your head. But I really believe your not doing yourself justice by expecting us to explain every detail on what you want to do. I googled "Basic CS5 Photoshop knowledge" and came up with this: https://wiki.csuchico.edu/confluence/display/help/Adobe+Photoshop+CS5+Part+1

Read it and study it so you will at least have the basic knowledge of why things do what they do. We love your enthusiasm. :cool2: :yourock:

Here is another good place I found: Tutorials Free Photoshop-Basic Photoshop Tutorials-CS5-Step by step Photoshop tutorials

Do you know any physical books I can read on the 'basics' of Photoshop ? The reason I'm asking is cause after a while my eyes hurt reading on the computer.

Paul

Former Member
Find a few helpful help/information tuts online and print them off?

Hoogle

Guru
Reviews

very good book maybe not the most desirable way to learn but if you want quick results this book teaches all kinds of simpler ways to achiee complicated effects etc
lynda.com do a work along course
scott kelby does a lot of video tutorials and literature in fact he has just released a book with dvd but cant think what its called
Youtube is a very handy learning tool
there is also a series of books like photoshop for photographers etc where all good book stores sell them